Author Topic: "minorities" are ruining a tradition in my country because muh racism  (Read 4255 times)

TIL: anything black on your skin is cultural appropriation and disparaging black people. you are terrible tribal. plz die, Annoying Orange support!

I mean, there's rubbing graphite on your face to give a dirtied appearance, and then there's this:

[img]https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/t/dutch-black-petes-white-board-27647645.jpg[/i

This is the Sinterklaas costume Espio is talking about.
Fair enough. That's indistinguishable from a minstrel.

And looking at the Wikipedia articles for Minstrel Shows and Sinterklaas, the Zwarte Piet tradition arose in the 1800s (the same time as minstrel shows in the US). There's also the suggestion that the Zwarte Piet represents a Spanish Moorish person (a muslim person from North Africa, with Spanish Moors commonly being depicted as black). The idea that it's but a filthy chimney person is apparently a later tradition.

Seems to me that the tradition has always been tribal, even if that wasn't a concern when it started.

TIL: anything black on your skin is cultural appropriation and disparaging black people. you are terrible tribal. plz die, Annoying Orange support!
it's literally blackface

it's literally blackface
i dont see any problem with blackface. i think its ridiculous to get worked up over

i dont see any problem with blackface.
congratulations: you are in the minority

i dont see any problem with blackface. i think its ridiculous to get worked up over
I mean, do you know the history behind it, or are you just aware of the fact it involves painting your face black?

congratulations: you are in the minority
i am not allowed to disagree with majority?
I mean, do you know the history behind it, or are you just aware of the fact it involves painting your face black?
i know almost 0 american history

my perception: black people used to be oppressed, black people see white people wearing black paint as costumes as being tribal because it may have been 100 yrs ago. imo is something outdated and stupid to be angry about

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+blackface+is+tribal
i know almost 0 american history

my perception: black people used to be oppressed, black people see white people wearing black paint as costumes as being tribal because it may have been 100 yrs ago. imo is something outdated and stupid to be angry about
the fact that you know almost 0 american history is exactly the reason why you are wrong. don't take up contrarian opinions about something you know nothing about just to be edgy.

black face was pretty much a comedy act making fun of black people. aka very tribal

the racism of something isn't set in stone, is opinionated, based on your views. someone can think blackface is tribal because that's what they believe, and the latter for the same reason.

i am not allowed to disagree with majority?
well you can, it just doesn't mean anything

the racism of something isn't set in stone, is opinionated, based on your views.
except racism has a definition

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+blackface+is+tribalthe fact that you know almost 0 american history is exactly the reason why you are wrong. don't take up contrarian opinions about something you know nothing about just to be edgy.
idk how it's being edgy. this is edgy: you are a hambeast and its not offensive because being a chubster used to be a sign of wealth
black face was pretty much a comedy act making fun of black people. aka very tribal
i understand that it was purposely used to offend back then but my view is that modern-day with a lack of malice like a costume or something isnt tribal

except racism has a definition

I'm taking about how racially offensive you find something to be.

idk how it's being edgy. this is edgy: you are a hambeast and its not offensive because being a chubster used to be a sign of wealth
if by hambeast you mean im ridiculously beefed and jacked then yes i agree