Air Cubes

Author Topic: Air Cubes  (Read 4264 times)

An alternative to using invisible modter or zonebricks, here is a brick pack made specifically for building in the air.

Benefits of Air Cubes:
+ Made for building inside.
+ Normal brick in water layer. Very small possible performance inpact, only as much as a normal disappeared brick would.

Problems with Modter:
- Has .dts collision which might impact performance more than normal bricks.

Problems with Zone Bricks:
- Has physical zones which might impact performance more than normal bricks.
- Breaks DOF screenshots

Download

If you cannot access my website for whatever reason, please check the mirrors below:
View on Blockland Nexus
View on Blockland Glass
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:11:42 PM by Crispy_ »

Can you take DOFs without blur appearing? That's one of main reasons why I didn't like zone bricks/modter

Can you take DOFs without blur appearing? That's one of main reasons why I didn't like zone bricks/modter
Just tested DOF screenshots with nothing, air bricks, invisible modter bricks, and zonebricks on ACM city. Only the zonebricks produced weird blur effects. So yes, DOF screenshots should be fine. All test cases had me stand inside of one of them, looking at the other bricks.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:33:34 PM by Crispy_ »

How does this compare to Siba's Float Cubes?

If I had to guess, it's probably very similar. No harm done having another pack of them, though. I doubt many people know about Siba's pack anymore.

If I had to guess, it's probably very similar. No harm done having another pack of them, though. I doubt many people know about Siba's pack anymore.
I didn't know about them at all.

Found the topic that includes them incase people want to see some neat looking bricks:
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=188292.0

Looks like they're pretty much identical as long as you haven't mess with the normal cube datablocks.

I guess you could pick between having these be called float cubes or air cubes by downloading siba's or mine.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 03:03:33 PM by Crispy_ »

I guess you could pick between having these be called float cubes or air cubes by downloading siba's or mine.

what about high cubes

gg will probably use for MERP soon