Author Topic: Any way to block /boombox and/or /stereo?  (Read 741 times)

Here's the thing.  I really hate these add-ons.  Normally if I don't want to hear music loops on a server, I just turn "Play Music" off, but that option has no effect on music played by the boombox or stereo mods.  Is there any possible way to force music from these add-ons to never play?

Alternatively, is there a way to clear all music from my cache.db?  This (and then never redownloading music) would effectively accomplish what I want, but I don't know how I'd do it without simply deleting the entire file.

Alternatively, is there a way to clear all music from my cache.db?  This (and then never redownloading music) would effectively accomplish what I want, but I don't know how I'd do it without simply deleting the entire file.
there is user-friendly software for modifying sqlite3 databases
I've just checked and it will open cache.db, but I haven't been playing blockland much, so I can't really check to see how you'd delete just music. maybe you can look around and figure it out

I know what you're trying to achieve and completely agree with you on the fact that it's annoying.
If I'm right, any music that you download from servers when you play are stored in Add-Ons/Music/
I assume getting rid of them in there will stop you ever having to listen to those annoying loops

unfortunately the only real way to play music on players and vehicles is by using 'playAudio' and then using the music datablock, as a side effect your client doesn't consider it to be music and rather a looping sound effect, this could be fixed by badspot but the likelihood of that...