What faction is the best ?

Vanu Soverginity
6 (42.9%)
Terran Republic
5 (35.7%)
New Conglomerate
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Planetside 2 megathread (Grand opening)  (Read 2505 times)

Megathread

What is this ?

Planetside 2 is a free to play squad based continent shooter simmiliar to battlefield. It is set in a futuristic setting with three diffrent factions with minor/major diffrences.

Factions

New Conglomerate
The New conglomerate is the "Oppresed ppl" of this game. They are a loosly connected group of rebel factions and idealistic freedom fighters, the New Conglomerate fights against the "dictatorship" of the Terran. The New Conglomerate is a separatist faction determined to remain free of the controlling and domineering Republic. They feel that any form of control is oppression and that a miserable free man is better off than a contented slave.

Terran Republic
You know the drill for theese guys. They are the opressors, they are the empire, they are the Terran Republic. The Terran Republic is an empire with a rich history extending 1,112 years, and is the originator of the other two empires. They brought order out of chaos and introduced an era of peace to the world. Since the armistice and the formation of the new government, they were the singular political force on Earth, and they set up an open and transparent government. This helped keep the peace for nearly two hundred years. Until the New ASSHOLOMERATE came along and said: "FAHK U I WANT 2 B FREE"

Vanu Soverignty
They are what we would call loving Scientologists. Through the use of the mysterious Vanu technology, the group has invented exotic energy weapons, and perfected the ability to modify and improve the human body. However, this alteration of the human species has generated great suspicion and hatred by the Terran Republic and the New Conglomerate.

Classes

As every single team/squad based game ever, planetside 2 has classes.

Infiltrator
A sniper armed with a pistol and a cloaking device. What more to say..

Light assault
An class armed with a assault rifle/shotgun and a jetpack. Real good for scouting, flanks and quick assaults

Combat medic
Heal pls

Engineer
Fix pls. Also you have sentries and stuff.

Heavy assault
Imagine the light assault, but remove the jetpack and add more armor with a rocket launcher

MAX
The man tank, MAX-es are good for destroying infantry, ground veichles, and air veichles (Oh my)

The entire point of this thread is to make squads and discuss updates and the game.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:40:10 AM by cromartini »

Just 4 years late. Game is still doing great. It's a lot more unique than most AAA first-person titles today, even.

Ayy imma make an outfit.
What should its name be ?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:37:56 AM by cromartini »

I think one of the main things that will always bring me back to PS2 is the scale of the battles you can have in it. They can range from small skirmishes to all-out war.

/bump.

The outfit is going to be made soon.
Prepear you're buttoxs.

spawn camping: the game

ooh i should play this again

needs to be ported to mac

git gud

for your information i play Vanu and im the one doing the spawncamp

gimp spotted
satan get the jeep

gimp spotted
satan get the jeep
BEEP BEEP HERE COMES THE TERROR TRUCK
THE GIMPS SHALL REGRET THEIR BIRTH

Saw your guide yesterday, pretty cool.
Also the outfit has been made, its called Brethren of blockhead.