Blockland Repository

Author Topic: Blockland Repository  (Read 6585 times)

Blockland Repository

Introduction
There have been several attempts to create a place for this demanding community to manage Add-Ons created for Blockland. Most of them have ended up with an overcomplicated mod, a poorly designed website or non-dedicated moderators. Most of these projects eventually died, for one reason or another, leaving the user with nothing. I am dedicated to keeping this project of mine alive for as long as there is demand from the community. I present to you:

Blockland Repository
(blockland.aposoc.net)
DISCLAIMER
This is a work in progress. It may and will
change over time until base lines is satisfactory.

Description
In its core, Blockland Repository is made with collaboration in mind. The stuff we do on this project will help you to distribute your created content to the user. It also makes it possible for you to share it with only those you want to share it with without having it displayed publicly. When you upload your Add-On, the server will scan through it for errors, problems and anything that could be noted and then tell you about this and then suggest a possible action for each issue. These actions could normally be that you ask the server to handle them for you.

This project is aimed only on the hosting part. The server hosting the project will only handle what it is asked for. If any mod wants a list of a specific Add-On, the server will hand it to it. If any other server wants to communicate with a server, they will happily share the information requested. The API implemented is based on Add-On Updater.

On top of this there is a few, but powerful, tools for moderation to handle Add-Ons. The system will mostly rely on the user to take action in deciding how good an add-on is. Either directly or indirectly.

There is a server up and running that should only be used to test. I can ensure the safety of your credentials, but I cannot ensure that everything uploaded there will still be there after each update. When we reach Beta, this may change. If you find a bug or something that fells off, please do tell me about it.

Current Status
It is currently in its Alpha stage. You can only register, login, upload an add-on and then browse and download it. It got more in the background, but that is way too much to go into in this single post. We do need more people that would like to try out something new. If you demand one functionality, I'm all ears for you to implement it if you are capable of doing so.

Future Plans
There's plenty of things that I want to add to this project. Therefore I made a tidy list that maybe explains everything of the main functionalities I want do add.
  • Add-On verification and modification
    • Script verification
  • Server-to-server Add-On sharing
  • Add-On content viewer
  • Save(bls) hosting
    • Add-On and colorset recommendation

Credits

Dev Logs
(At the ScatteredSpace forums.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:32:01 PM by mctwist »

Wow this is great, another place to get add-ons. Just what we need, nice work.

If you have something new to offer, why not try to collaborate with Blockland Glass? We don't need any more of these.

This seems a bit Redundant, since Blockland glass is pretty much the same thing. This website looks a lot nicer though.

your using laravel (symphony)? eh good luck

This seems a bit Redundant, since Blockland glass is pretty much the same thing. This website looks a lot nicer though.
If you have something new to offer, why not try to collaborate with Blockland Glass? We don't need any more of these.
not everything should combine into 1 thing

I never said it should combine. I just said it's redundant

when being separate means inconvenience for the user (and it does), then yes, they should combine

Wow this is great, another place to get add-ons. Just what we need, nice work.
I really can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or serious

Wow the website looks really nice, love the layout and how organized every category is. keep up the good work!

Would prefer this than B.G, nice one.

This is my first time being critical so bear with me. I hate how you have organised the categories in alphabetical order instead of properly organising them into section's, i't makes everything disorientating; the user interface is also quite bland.

site is a bit ugly and we already have blockland glass so this is kinda useless