Author Topic: Blockland Repository  (Read 6560 times)

Why are you recreating the wheel? Bring us something new, maybe a community build-save website where users can share entire builds, or props. IE: Trees, furniture, etc.

Bring us something new, maybe a community build-save website where users can share entire builds, or props. IE: Trees, furniture, etc.

As mentioned in the topic, that is something I plan to add in the future. I need this site first so I can expand to that later on.

Shouldn't be trusting one site for everything. Remember what happened with RTB? Good thing people archived what was on that. Having multiple places to host my mods makes me feel more comfortable. (though i will admit updating them everywhere can be annoying)

There will also be people who wont upload on something, but will on another thing. This just opens more doors to more areas. Keep it up.

Edit: Please rename SpeedKart Maps to GameMode Maps, that would be the perfect section to place my DM maps. :) Also are packs acceptable? By that I mean, is it alright to have a .zip file that contains 20 add-ons that the player needs to place into their add-ons folder themselves?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:38:29 AM by Crispy_ »

Also are packs acceptable? By that I mean, is it alright to have a .zip file that contains 20 add-ons that the player needs to place into their add-ons folder themselves?
For the moment, no. But it is indeed an interesting concept to make packs of add-ons.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 04:19:04 AM by mctwist »

It would be interesting to see the files split into bigger categories, for example, how the add-on board structure works on the forums here. From there, players can filter from specific categories, or view all at once. That would ease up on the eye-sore of a million icons.

It would also be nice to see if something like this could collaborate, or at least, include add-ons that have been submitted to RTB and now Blockland Glass. If there's any incentive to use this website, it's going to have to include a wide range of add-ons, and make them very easily accessible. It's a valid point that having this and Glass completely separate almost completely nullifies this seeing as how Blockland Glass has had fair progress.. this isn't some sort of monopoly where having one choice is "unfair to users due to lack of choice" because it's literally just splitting content.

In short: If you can find a way to merge add-ons submitted to Blockland Glass, the forums, and what's on the RTB archives, this would be the perfect website to bookmark and frequent and submit to for add-ons.

It would be interesting to see the files split into bigger categories, for example, how the add-on board structure works on the forums here. From there, players can filter from specific categories, or view all at once. That would ease up on the eye-sore of a million icons.
This feature has been on our to-do list for a while but didn't make it into this public release.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 03:10:15 AM by Demian »

Say whatever you want, but having two separate mod sites for a frankly small modding community is really discomforting. Maybe as long as this is just a repository and nothing more, it'll be fine.

Convenience url: repository.block.land

By the way, I'm getting download failed errors when I try to download a file from here in Firefox. Might want to look at that.

By the way, I'm getting download failed errors when I try to download a file from here in Firefox. Might want to look at that.

Bug has been issued. I made a manual fix for everyone's files. I would recommend to refrain from uploading until this issue have been fixed.

Edit: I've found and resolved the issue. Feel free to continue upload as usual.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:25:38 PM by mctwist »

To avoid this thread from falling into the depths of lost topics, I'll write a short notice about where we're at and what you'll probably see in the coming week. If anyone have been following the develop branch, you might have already seen everything coming together. We're working toward a late alpha.

First off, Demian have worked restlessly to make the design work correctly and make it really good.

Secondly, I've gone through the previous database and changed most branches in the database tree to make all tables work better than before. This will of course result in, like I mentioned in the disclaimer, that I will remove everything from the database on the site as it is quite difficult to merge the changes together.

Other than that, we've implemented support for saves and a lot of functionality to make the experience on the site easier than it was before. We still got a bunch of things that we're currently working on to implement before we're done. We'll see what will happen in the coming week.

This site will either be a major failure and a waste of time or really useful with a great future.
However, with the current success of Blockland Glass, it's pretty much on the bad side.

Don't get me wrong, though, this could still end up being a big thing, I'm just saying how this could potentially die out and be another one of those "hey, remember when somebody tried to make this" threads.

Hey, this is pretty great. Two suggestions:

1. Allow for "upstream repositories". (A Support_Updater repository that's queried by your site for updates)

2. Scrape BLG for new submissions and allow BLG to do the same to your site. Maybe work together on a common API. This allows mods to be shared.

1. Allow for "upstream repositories". (A Support_Updater repository that's queried by your site for updates)

We currently support other repositories that if you have already set it in your version.json, it will keep it. Depending on how your Support_Updater works, it will update to that version if it's newer.

2. Scrape BLG for new submissions and allow BLG to do the same to your site. Maybe work together on a common API. This allows mods to be shared.

The intention with this project is to reduce all friction between projects and allowing sharing between hosts is a part of it. We're currently working with BLG to create a common API to achieve this.

I just put up the new version on the server and will list the big changes that we've made:

• All basic design is implemented so it looks better than before
  • Better handling of Blockland Authentication to account
  • Threw around the database tables like a jerk
  • Added support for saves
  • Better experience for uploading, editing an updating Add-Ons
  • Lots of more error handling to ensure the user knows what's going on
  • Several bug fixes

The rest of the features can be viewed on GitHub.