Criticize my videos

Author Topic: Criticize my videos  (Read 1445 times)

Hey guys, I know I have already done this a few times before, but I just wanted opinions on how to improve my youtube videos. I've made a few videos, and am trying to improve with each one that I post. I would just like people to give me feedback on the things they like, and the things that they dislike. If you have any comments I would rather you post them here on the forums than on the video. Also if you don't like the video, instead of giving it a thumbs down I would much appreciate it if you could instead explain in the forums what you did not like. Thanks so much
Video!

i think there is a point of where you can successfully upload 28 minute long videos and people will watch all the way through them
but until you build a fanbase i think you should stick to smaller, more highlight-based videos. i think people will exit out of the video when it's that long

i think there is a point of where you can successfully upload 28 minute long videos and people will watch all the way through them
but until you build a fanbase i think you should stick to smaller, more highlight-based videos. i think people will exit out of the video when it's that long
This is the kind of criticism I am looking for, thank you. Yeah it makes sense that people would click out when seeing how long a video is. I tend to do the same thing myself. I find it difficult to pick out highlights in a game such as this one, but I could definitely work on cutting out the parts where nothing happens.

it's really good that you've changed your intro to just text overlapping the gameplay

This is the kind of criticism I am looking for, thank you. Yeah it makes sense that people would click out when seeing how long a video is. I tend to do the same thing myself. I find it difficult to pick out highlights in a game such as this one, but I could definitely work on cutting out the parts where nothing happens.
totally!
i do believe though that your group of friends have a fair amount of character to them that an audience could enjoy watching. i feel as though you'll have to make your videos with the same group of people because they do add entertainment with their personalities of course. i might just watch all the way through it for the hell of it

ALSO your titles seem just a little clickbaity
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:44:05 AM by Unwritten Calender »

to add onto this: i watch sovietwomble's videos all the way through and he uploads like 12 minute videos
i only do this because i know his humor and know it's going to be funny during each of the 12 minutes

totally!
i do believe though that your group of friends have a fair amount of character to them that an audience could enjoy watching. i feel as though you'll have to make your videos with the same group of people because they do add entertainment with their personalities of course. i might just watch all the way through it for the hell of it

ALSO your titles seem just a little clickbaity
Yeah each one of them has a unique and quirky personality, and yeah I was experimenting with video titles based off titles from bigger channels.

to add onto this: i watch sovietwomble's videos all the way through and he uploads like 12 minute videos
i only do this because i know his humor and know it's going to be funny during each of the 12 minutes
Yeah 12 minutes a good time frame, I will try to work on my future videos to cut out the parts of the video where nothing important is really happening.(which does happen lol)

I think they're fine but you should increase your mic gain by like 5 - 10db because it is pretty damn quiet

Still gud tho

I think they're fine but you should increase your mic gain by like 5 - 10db because it is pretty damn quiet

Still gud tho

Still gud tho
That is a good point, thank you!

Eyy np

Plus it is a huge peeve of mine when someone creates videos with commentary, but their mic is so quiet that you cant even hear them

Eyy np

Plus it is a huge peeve of mine when someone creates videos with commentary, but their mic is so quiet that you cant even hear them
Yeah completely understandable, I'll definitely boost the gain the next video.

Anyone else have anything to say?

I'm just surprised everyone provided constructive criticism for once.