Author Topic: its just a game theory (insert stuffty memes)  (Read 611 times)

so recently i've been marathon-playing elder scrolls games and i thought of an interesting theory for why the 'High Elves' managed a full scale war with the Empire:
Ayleids.

The high elves in Skyrim look different from high elves in ANY other elder scrolls game. However, they look similar to the Aylied that appeared in ESO. Ayleid compared to "High Elf"

so in oblivion you can hear NPCs randomly discuss "imperial goods being boycotted in the Summerset Isles" and "Daedra worship becoming increasingly prevelent".

The Ayleid were overthrown by the Imperials and would jump at the chance for revenge (Despite being "extinct"). The Ayleid also worshipped daedra vs. the standard elvish pantheon (Auri-el, Trinimac etc.) [Dark elves also worshipped daedra, but stopped in favour of the Tribunal and House Dagoth]

Coincidence? i think not.

altmer (high elves) are descended from the aldmer that stayed in the summerset isles
ayleids were descended from the aldmer that settled in the jungles of cyrodiil

it's entirely possible that there were ayleids who went to the summerset isles, its incredibly unlikely that the altmer are ayleids.
either way the thalmor only care about the septim empire because they get in the way of their plans

i was thinking something along the lines of the Warp in the West happened in SI and brought the Ayleids back.