Author Topic: Chat Emotes Restored v9  (Read 12011 times)

Can the .png be any size or is it restricted to a certain size or it will forget up?
The chat will(should) actually resize the image to fit, though I still recommend keeping the image small. Try to go for something under 50x50.

Update coming real soon

Updated to v3, now chat is only overriden if a potential emote is detected and no links are detected in the chat message. This will let you post normal links, and shouldn't break chat mods too much if you don't use emotes.

Support for some default blockland ci and ui has been added. There's even some new custom ci-styled graphics built into the server mod for the 4 keys, a wrench, and a printer.

There's also 3 new packs in the OP. Kappa shouldn't be corrupted anymore.

And probably the best new thing, there are now emote lists. Type /listEmotes into chat and it'll walk you through.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 05:23:32 PM by Crispy_ »

Your version of serverCmdMessageSent seems to be lacking a bit. I'd recommend not overwriting it. (In fact, I'll be removing it from Slayer as well)

As far as I know adding bitmaps wouldn't be possible otherwise.

EDIT: If that's the private pack with :egg: and stuff, that's private. I can't do anything about it without knowing the original image sources and/or a list. I could protentially recreate that pack with this info.
Gyt made a forum emote script and it has literally every emote hosted on his website https://www.garycact.us/emoticons/

ill compile a pack later today it should only take a minute

Gyt made a forum emote script and it has literally every emote hosted on his website https://www.garycact.us/emoticons/
Ah, I wasn't aware of any public download link so I assumed it was private, I apologise.

ill compile a pack later today it should only take a minute
Sounds great! Yeah, it shouldn't be hard at all just throw them into a zip with a description and it should be good to go.

Update: stripMLControlChars is now used in the emote's chat. This should better prevent abuse.

The flood protection is also now aware of messages that don't have emotes.

v5 Update: moved built in ci icons to extra ci pack
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:02:13 PM by Crispy_ »

Would you guys like me to release these icons?

Would you guys like me to release these icons?

Those are pretty nice!

i'm about to unleash hell

Emoji Emotepack

Features 99 emojis, from Unicode versions up to 9.0. You might see emojis that are also included in Trogtor's Emoji Facepack and Scenery's Emotepack (as Twitter depicts them, that is).

i did this for the sake of consistency and or yada yada yada
you probably should've expected it coming

Either way it's not like you're forced to download this, but for whoever wants to...

Have fun.
Now on Blockland Glass!

beat piber20 to noticing v5
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:16:39 PM by Superstarxalien169 »

Bit of a bump here. Just did a small v6 update. The recreated chat will now trim messages and detect if messages are blank, and not send them.

Note, if you're a mod maker and want to make your modded chat compatable with chat emotes, this can be placed in your code:
Code: [Select]
//chat emotes compatability
if(isFunction(peReplace))
%text = peReplace(%text);

If the chat emotes mod has been loaded, that will find any instance of emotes and replace 'em with bitmaps, so make sure to put this code AFTER you strip bitmap stuff from the message already.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:59:27 PM by Crispy_ »