Author Topic: Rogue One: A star wars story Post Discussion [SPOILERS]  (Read 7213 times)

Oh stuff it's out already
Idk why but I thought it was coming next year or something

strong female lead with ethnic sidekick shoehorned in part 2 electric jigaboo

As a huge Star Wars fan i'm not that interested in this film, it kinda looks like filler for episode 8.

As a huge Star Wars fan i'm not that interested in this film, it kinda looks like filler for episode 8.
I thought the same at first, but I looked at the ratings - 5/5, its apparently filmed in the way Episode 4 was, this film seems amazing. Ill give everyone a spoiler-free review tomorrow, then a spoiler one in invisi text.

strong female lead with ethnic sidekick shoehorned in part 2 electric jigaboo
libtard propaganda

Watched it, terrible ending.

Looks better than episode 7 at least. Haven't seen it yet, though. However, I don't really care for the new rebel characters. Imperial characters seem pretty cool, though.
I mean, look at this guy.

Only question is what he's doing in a grand admiral's uniform, since he has an admiral's insignia, but who cares, since he looks great in it.

Just saw it in an early showing.

Just gotta say, it's really really good. If you like star wars you won't want to miss it. It doesn't really follow the same formula as the trilogies, but hot damn is it a good star wars film.

EDIT: I should also clarify, the beginning is a bit of a jumbled mess, but the last act is so good it makes up for it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:02:20 AM by Nymph »

Just got back from the movie. SPOILERS may now be discussed (disclaimer in title and first page)
I think the movie was amazing - definitely 5/5 stars. I loved how the movie was shot and the music was different yet perfect for the film. There are just 2 things I didn't understand:

-During the death star firing on Scarif scene, Jyn has plenty of time to run away, but rather waits and dies? I understand that she wasn't in episode 4 but they could've made an excuse, like she becomes a prisoner or quits the rebellion.
-Rogue one ends right where A new hope starts - how has the death star already become powerful enough to instantly destroy a planet? It was only a few hours/days after the battle of Scarif.

Some things I loved:
-The Darth Vader scene indoors captured him perfectly. It was the first time we see him against troops and he destroys everyone, like in episode 1,2 and 3.
-The war feeling. This showed the grim side of Star "Wars" - rough fighting, betrayals, everyone was dying, I think it made it great

I overall say this movie is better than Episode 1,2 and 7. Definitely 5/5 rating.

I'd have to disagree with 5/5. The characters were never really fleshed out in my opinion. The beginning was an absolute mess jumping from planet to planet. The final act on Scarif was easily the best, ESPECIALLY the final minutes with Vader. I pray for a director's cut but for now I'd give it a low 4/5 like 80% or less but worth watching for that ending alone as a fan.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:47:13 PM by Cowboy Dude »

halo reach star wars edition

Way better than episode 7, god damn they really delivered on the ending. Story wasn't a rehashed episode 4 either.

The two CGI characters were still noticeably fake, but they're getting there.
Some things I loved:
-The Darth Vader scene indoors captured him perfectly. It was the first time we see him against troops and he destroys everyone, like in episode 1,2 and 3.

Jesus loving christ, we were almost convinced that the one scene of him choking Commander Orson was gonna be his only appearance. The hallway scene was the cherry on top of the star wars sundae. I'd rewatch it in theaters just for that.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:13:14 AM by skill4life »