Poll

which speedkart is the best overall (play with them first!)

SpeedKart
0 (0%)
SpeedKart 64
3 (7.5%)
SpeedKart 7
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Blocko
3 (7.5%)
SpeedKart Buggy
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Classic
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Classic GT
0 (0%)
SpeedKart Formula
0 (0%)
SpeedKart Hotrod
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Hover
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Hyperion
2 (5%)
SpeedKart Jeep
3 (7.5%)
SpeedKart LeMans
3 (7.5%)
SpeedKart Muscle
1 (2.5%)
SpeedKart Original
0 (0%)
SpeedKart Vintage
0 (0%)
SuperKart
8 (20%)
SuperKart ATV
0 (0%)
SuperKart Jetski
1 (2.5%)
SuperKart Hover
1 (2.5%)
SuperKart Plane
2 (5%)
mac do you like loving cats?
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: speedkart [very heavily modified]  (Read 7442 times)

now, you might think this is just some dumb edit that sends people flying away to the moon... it isnt, i swear
no pictures because all of them are literally the same old speedkarts you see in the default gamemode, well, except for the Original and Hover

to be honest i just want feedback on this, and experience in comparison with the original speedkart or filipe's updated speedkart
===modded gamemode to use the karts and the karts itself=====
link: http://leopard.hosting/download.php?f=lexwa

save yourself the trouble from editing, just use the gamemode alongside with the karts... and no other addons are required (default required)
speedkart tracks work with the gamemode, so no worries if you think it wouldnt work

KARTS WITH HANDS: this gives the karts' updated models with hands, no exhaust smoke because we already have tire emitters
link: http://leopard.hosting/download.php?f=ewjfl
other changes are, you now have superkart inside it (every vehicle in the superkart pack is in this)
some changes are made to make the speedkarts more competitive in terms of challenges, the 2 hardest karts to drive is the SpeedKart Original and the SuperKart Plane (cant fly because gta 3 dodo simulator)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:29:03 PM by Mac Workin »

wait what all does it change

everything

i think it has something to do with filipes super kart vehicles though cause of "hover"

I'm confused. Is this an edited Speedkart gamemode where the Original and Hover vehicles have been edited?

It looks like there are more edits than this - banana.cs looks interesting. Banana peels maybe? Could this have powerups?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:30:03 PM by Farad »

It looks like there are more edits than this - banana.cs looks interesting. Banana peels maybe? Could this have powerups?
if mario kart speed kart existed that would be the bomb

pretty much the speedkarts' overall behaviour when you ram against a wall, take a leap of faith and land normally without flying off, i'd suggest you to try driving normally and see the differences when  you compare it off with the original speedkarts
I'm confused. Is this an edited Speedkart gamemode where the Original and Hover vehicles have been edited?

the gamemode is there preedited so you dont need to edit the default gamemode just to play this, thats the purpose of why the gamemode is in there, and the banana is just a cosmetic item, not a powerup (i dont like powerups)

this gamemode was just a mess around gamemode thar Mr Noobler made for me months ago

The karts themselves were reworked to allow for much smoother and more varied gameplay, stuff like minimising the need to brake or make a bunch of small turns. A lot of common issues with SpeedKart have been somewhat solved, too:

• The karts now drift, some more than others. Taking corners and the ability to pull off a bunch of weird stunts was really fun - the fact that the kart still moves after a sudden stop seems to prevent getting stuck a lot (though it did prolong some collisions).
  • The body friction was also reduced to be much more slippery, meaning you can rub up against walls without a guaranteed redirection into them, and the kart sliding along the ground when flipped (which makes for a lot of awesome wallrides). This should also help in getting unstuck in pile-ups.
  • The suspension was dampened to take large drops without bouncing upward or getting melded into the ground so much of the time. Smaller bumps and gaps are less of a threat, as muck-ups appear to be a lot more survivable.
  • Stats now vary between karts - top speed, acceleration, tyre traction and turn all seem to be modified to fit the kart's look. You can now pick a kart based on how you drive or the track, and not just which one lands on the ground better or which wobbles the least.
  • The centre of mass was also altered to prevent the aforementioned wobbling, so reversing isn't so bouncy and uncontrollable.
  • The braking is very hard, purposed to better prevent collisions. A good panic button.

We played around with these for about 3 hours, purposefully hitting obstacles and landing awkwardly (even as far as teleporting high up and tilting the car ~50°) and rarely experienced bumps, getting stuck or flips that require you to get out and push the car. Since it was only us two, it would be interesting to see how this would fare with up to 20 people.

I'm interested to see the changes you've made on them, also I was planning to remake the SpeedKart models for SuperKart but I scrapped that idea, but I still have the models that I've done so far, and some new ones too.

If you're interested, we can work on a new SpeedKart Pack with those models and the adjustments you've made.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:12:46 AM by Filipe »

If you're interested, we can work on a new SpeedKart Pack with those models and the adjustments you've made.
gee, thats a lot of nice models you've made there... but sure if you want me to mod it for you, i guess i could

isn't eksi supposed to deal with this kind of vehicle-related handling though?

gee, thats a lot of nice models you've made there... but sure if you want me to mod it for you, i guess i could

isn't eksi supposed to deal with this kind of vehicle-related handling though?
You didn't get what I mean, what I meant to say is that I like the idea of balancing the kart's attributes for each variant, and I would like to include new models in the mix while at it, you and Abstath make the tweaks and balancing, and I make new models, we could update the tracks to make them better looking and more alive, improve the loading times if possible (I saw that on that speedkart 2 server), add new tracks, and then we could work on a SpeedKart 2017 edition.

Since you got me interested in this I was thinking of the following features:
- Brakelights that lights up when you brake
- New models and new karts
- Better spawns
- Improve current tracks and make new ones
- Headlights support
- More Sound effects for the tracks (Ambient sounds, crowd, keep the engine sounds for the karts maybe? Not sure about that yet, probably not)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:55:01 AM by Filipe »

I was actually starting an attempt to make speedkart handling better. It was going awful, I had a thing going on where I forced all karts to be only one variant and replaced that one kart's model with the superkart model, which probably worsened the physics.

What sort of killed my attempt at """""fixing""""" the karts were me playing around with the springs in an attempt to make landings softer and such. I had like high damping, low force, very long springs and it looked ugly and messed with normal flat driving as a whole, spinouts were common.

I'll definitely try hosting with these instead and see how it goes.

keep the engine sounds for the karts maybe? Not sure about that yet, probably not
they were loud tho

Quietening the kart sounds should be OK - the additional ambiance and other sounds would also make them more tolerable. Also, have you looked into changing the current sound method to this one?

Quietening the kart sounds should be OK - the additional ambiance and other sounds would also make them more tolerable. Also, have you looked into changing the current sound method to this one?

that requires players download a client add-on to be able to hear those sounds.