where does used up energy go as a phone dies?

Author Topic: where does used up energy go as a phone dies?  (Read 1442 times)

this is probably an easy answer, but i can't sleep because i need to know the answer. what is the energy converted/transferred to if a phone dies? it can't just dissipate, says the first law of thermodynamics.

total shot in the dark, but isn't it just lost as heat energy?

Doesn't it turn into heat and then escape through cracks?

same question as 'why do batteries run out of power'

stuff i didn't think about heat

Heat and light in the screen.

heat energy and light energy, any electrical cell will lose its energy through heat anyway

heat energy and light energy, any electrical cell will lose its energy through heat anyway

yeah batteries naturally lose energy when left out too long an as such it will probably do the same thing in technology

can you not do this. I can understand if you're quoting for page loss but quoting someone's post without changing anything right after they've posted it looks really bloody irritating

potential chemical energy is converted to heat, electromagnetic, or sometimes sound energy

this is probably an easy answer, but i can't sleep because i need to know the answer. what is the energy converted/transferred to if a phone dies? it can't just dissipate, says the first law of thermodynamics.

apple steals the energy out of your phone to force you to buy charger cables

light for the screen, sound for the speakers, generation of electromagnetic waves for communication. you can probably feel your phone heat up after a while as well
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:10:49 PM by Rally »

something something battery acid

Sometimes the energy is used up too fast via a method called "explosion".

i't turn into magic a nd i eat it;