Author Topic: AiPlayer-based Customizable Weaponry???  (Read 4257 times)

Also while i'm at it I want to ask how to spawn a bot in thin air without the use of a bot hole.
Maybe you find a use in this snippet of code?
Code: [Select]
%bot = new AIPlayer()
{
datablock = playerDataBlockName;
position = %pos;
};

make sure to add it to missioncleanup

Maybe you find a use in this snippet of code?
%bot = new AIPlayer()
{
datablock = playerDataBlockName;
position = %pos;
};
great thank you

This is an excellent thread containing an excellent idea

this, make sure to add this onto the end of that earlier block of code
MissionCleanup.add(%bot);

if you mount the bot to another invisible bot it will render in first person

Woops.
Forgot to include that part yeah. :X
if you mount the bot to another invisible bot it will render in first person
Logics. :X

The next step: is it possible to spectate a bot in first person similar to controlObject but every movement you make as the bot will actually move your actual player or the source? For scoping purposes

Otherwise we'll have to mount a camera and move it around constantly.

Set the client's control object to the bot, set the bot's control object to the player.

quick question: what's the name of the player's eye node so that I can give the botgun a muzzle point

quick question: what's the name of the player's eye node so that I can give the botgun a muzzle point
the eye node is what you specify on the bot. if you didn't specify an eye node on the bot, it defaults to the bot's base position as gotten by %bot.getTransform()/getPosition()

the eye node is what you specify on the bot. if you didn't specify an eye node on the bot, it defaults to the bot's base position as gotten by %bot.getTransform()/getPosition()
then how do you specify an eyenode? I have an empty named "eye" on the actual .dts but am I supposed to identify it in the code too?

Bump. This idea has so much potential.

then how do you specify an eyenode? I have an empty named "eye" on the actual .dts but am I supposed to identify it in the code too?
no specification needed. eye automatically defaults as the eyenode