Author Topic: In this thread everyone rants about how stuff steam workshop has become  (Read 3129 times)

Alright so I've already been annoyed with the workshop but loving christ
So to ease your reading experience I've put this in categories

"Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe"
Alright this one annoys me the most, I assume you've all seen this before:

This stuff is plastered about every single generic workshop submission ever, with a description that loving BEGS the reader to donate them stuff, promising them to get on a special list oh wow

Oh and yes someone DID loving GIVE THEM MONEY FOR MAKING THE GROUND WHITE WHAT THE forget
This also brings me to my next god damn section

"I'll just change one thing on this and release it as my own!"
Alright that's a bit of an exaggeration but I don't care
This is people who take something (ex: Dust2) and turn it into something else (A snowy version of Dust2)
Usually I'm fine with this if it's inventive and cool looking but when it's done over and over again

loving congratulations you can decompile a map and use the texture tool wow you're so loving creative
Don't forget the countless aim maps that is literally just a 1v1 with a certain weapon that is everywhere
Oh and who could forget the countless night/evening/morning/nuclear apocalypse versions of maps that get the #3 spot in the CS:GO workshop

Let's not just look at CS:GO though and the L4D2 workshop has some of this
For the most part the L4D2 workshop is fine and has original work on it

Alright sure I guess you ported over the CS:GO AWP and gave it its "real animations" I have no idea what you mean but ok
But wait what the forget is this stuff

ew

Alright so that's ok the only harm is from the description
But when you get 25 pages of the same gun but this time it's loving LIME GREEN OH WOW that's when it bugs me
Note this doesn't really apply to everything there are actual good reskins and ports in places but the difference is that effort is actually put in them

"I'll just give it every single tag so there's more publicity
Alright lets go on to the L4D2 workshop and just filter the tags with "Common Infected"

Alright most of this is just sound replacements and some aren't that nice
Now lets do "Campaign"

None of these are a campaign I mean I guess it changes stuff IN the campaign but when I hear that I want separate campaigns not anime god damnit
When I filter by a certain tag I just want that not every single loving thing on the workshop

Slave of GMod
This isn't bad but I was gonna rant about the Garry's Mod workshop a bit but this mod covers it pretty good
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249207064
If you don't want to play it (it's hard) then it's a mod about the GMod workshop getting forgeted over people who want money and about greed n stuff

That's it from me this may seem like an overreaction but I'm sick of this stuff
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:04:51 PM by startacker »

I thought I was the only one who noticed this kind of stuff.

I also hated how the most popular saves in gmod for the longest time were just the fnaf models dumped on the map.

Woops I forgot a section

TF2 workshop's "Why can't it be a loopable taunt/moving taunt/partner taunt" or "I'll just make this all class so I can make a profit!"
For the most part I find the TF2 workshop the best workshop since you get some pretty neat stuff from it
(And also I map somewhat-primarily for TF2)

But the way people like taunts is absolutely handicapped.
Example:

This is a once played and it's done taunt, not looped and not a partner taunt.

This is such a minor thing but I get so loving annoyed every time I see someone asking for some non-loopable/partner taunt get asked to be made loopable/partnerable. I swear most of the taunts in-game would not have gotten in if they were workshop submissions today.

And the people who release an item which is already in the loving game and make it all class is loving absurd
And this stuff is done by people who already have a rare version of said hat
So if you don't know how the TF2 economy works basically all class unusual hats > per class unusual hats so people just do it for a loving profit

Steam has in issue and it's growing fast; Cancerous weebs and furries are junking up the place with their memes and autism

It's time to act my brothers #SteamTheseQueers

fun fact I am friends with the guy that made that taunt IRL, and we had a conversation about why its a terrible idea for that taunt to loop, because you dont get ideas over and over, they happen one at a time. Having it loop makes no sense. A similar thing happened with another taunt he made for solider, i don't recall its name but it involved soldier planting a US flag and saying "america wins again". some people kept complaining that it should have been a taunt for all classes, with the flag changed for each class's country. We both agreed that that wouldn't work cuz nationalism is Soldier's "thing", no other class would do something like that, so the taunt is only meant for him.

fun fact I am friends with the guy that made that taunt IRL, and we had a conversation about why its a terrible idea for that taunt to loop, because you dont get ideas over and over, they happen one at a time. Having it loop makes no sense. A similar thing happened with another taunt he made for solider, i don't recall its name but it involved soldier planting a US flag and saying "america wins again". some people kept complaining that it should have been a taunt for all classes, with the flag changed for each class's country. We both agreed that that wouldn't work cuz nationalism is Soldier's "thing", no other class would do something like that, so the taunt is only meant for him.
Really? Didn't know they were by the same creator, but I do remember seeing a lot of people asking for the Soldier taunt to be an all class. Tell him I really like both of his taunts for me!
EDIT: He also made Maggot's Condolence, which is an official taunt, so that's cool.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:50:53 PM by startacker »

steam workshop is clearly loving dumb on almost any case for any game whatsoever

i personally hated it because it doesn't meet up to what i exactly search. i look up gmod add-ons for example in the workshop mainly for more maps and i get search results that involve in loving saves and duplicates that are horribly done using props, or it's something completely loving irrelevant to the tag instead because some dipstuff thought it was a good idea to tag it as a Map either that they want more attention to how their wooden construct prop project is so loving amazing or they really are that loving dense. steam needs moderators to remove tags on certain things so stuff like that doesn't happen again.

don't even get me started on games like skyrim and l4d2 that 75% of the time have anime involved in that dumb stuff or any overrated subject that clearly seems like a total "WHAT IF PINKIE PIE WAS ELLIS IN LEFT 4 DEAD 2???" sort of idea. the concept of add-ons like that have 0 sense, thought, and correlation to the actual game, and again, just total "WHAT IF???", and they loving make you wanna say stop to them. it's clear that all they wanna do is port their favorite waifu in and put it on someone like Zoey and share it for the sake of having some sort of idea that waifu in zoey = hawt~ circlejerk. it's completely the most loving irritating thing i see and it's not very creative.

just go use another modding website like gamebanana or nexus, they probably might be just as bad as steam workshop if you go in that side but at least it's not as wince-inducing as steam workshop

In this thread I rant about how stuff steam workshop has become

>implying it wasn't already stuff

i didnt do any of these memes and look where my addon went
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692898316

also new map inbound in the next few weeks hopefully

also for those curious heres the current clusterforget of work i've done so far on the grid

the really tiny squares are pieces of land that i shape into grass and stuff and displacements

also im going to pull one of those silent but sudden memes and just upload the map and the files i need for it directly to the same addon file on the workshop when its good to go
so that 30,000 people will just open garrys mod and be like "what the forget" and see it hopefully
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:04:20 AM by song bird »

Maxx, if you dont want memey people just dont make tornado maps. They attract stuffty youtubers like a tornado attracts newsreporters IRL.

Remember when the workshop had paid for mods

Remember when we had

don't even get me started on games like skyrim and l4d2 that 75% of the time have anime involved in that dumb stuff or any overrated subject that clearly seems like a total "WHAT IF PINKIE PIE WAS ELLIS IN LEFT 4 DEAD 2???" sort of idea. the concept of add-ons like that have 0 sense, thought, and correlation to the actual game, and again, just total "WHAT IF???", and they loving make you wanna say stop to them. it's clear that all they wanna do is port their favorite waifu in and put it on someone like Zoey and share it for the sake of having some sort of idea that waifu in zoey = hawt~ circlejerk. it's completely the most loving irritating thing i see and it's not very creative.
woah hold the forget on there
not everybody is just doing it for the "uunnhhh muh waifu" factor, some people just don't give a stuff about the already-not-serious atmosphere/world of the games they port random crap into, anime or not... i dont see the problem with putting your favorite things from one thing into another favorite of yours, god forbid it makes sense with the world or things would be a hella lot duller than they already are on the workshop

as for OP these are all too true & it's a shame that there's little to no moderation done aside from removing the odd "inappropriate" addon here & there

And I thought the comments were bad.

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄                    
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█                  
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█                  
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█                  
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█                  
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Valve, ░░░░░█
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░░░█  
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Please!░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█