Author Topic: Re: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 5149 times)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 04:30:30 PM by Conan »

i am watching out for more awesome things like this

yas
by any chance does it also shoot enemy slayer bots

Yeah, same thing as Seth said, does it shoot at enemy bots? I gave it a shot in-game and found out that although enemy bot's target it, it won't target them. So uh... guess I just answered my own question. I'm looking into the code now. I've found that ALOT of the problems I've had in this game can be fixed with a simple tweak that often doesn't need any experience with pragramming.. Is there a line of code that I could make a quick edit to so that they can target and shoot bots? It technically IS a bot right?

Yeah, same thing as Seth said, does it shoot at enemy bots? I gave it a shot in-game and found out that although enemy bot's target it, it won't target them. So uh... guess I just answered my own question. I'm looking into the code now. I've found that ALOT of the problems I've had in this game can be fixed with a simple tweak that often doesn't need any experience with pragramming.. Is there a line of code that I could make a quick edit to so that they can target and shoot bots? It technically IS a bot right?
it is possible to do, but its not as easy as you might think. would involve saving all bots on the server to some group and checking them for targets, or writing in a short piece of code to attack whoever is attacking the sentry instead of the nearest player.

i can look into it once break starts for me, but no promises
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:58:47 AM by Conan »

Can't just do a radius check and do a minigameCanDamage check on them?

Can't just do a radius check and do a minigameCanDamage check on them?
not all bots are enemies but you can still damage them. example: slayer where teamkill is on; bots with the friendly tag on; bots without weapons; other sentries on the team.

Then just check the team? Its a really simple solution thats being overcomplicated. Have it loop on a radius container and when it spots a bot on a different team it shoots

Can you still smush the sentry with the old sledgehammer wep

But, I was never broken in the first place.

Why won't you accept me for who I am father!

well how do u explain this huh???

Then just check the team? Its a really simple solution thats being overcomplicated. Have it loop on a radius container and when it spots a bot on a different team it shoots
pls if you haven't dorked with bot_hole before dont tell me how easy this is to do
i had to do it for bot_dog and that was hard enough reading the code and figuring out everything

Can you still smush the sentry with the old sledgehammer wep
yes cause all that does is just smush anything that's a bot

no you're definitely fixed now i removed the gay bugs and now you're not gay anymore

fun fact: if you change just one pref you can place multiple sentries, but unfortunately can only controller the last sentry you placed. however they all work and they dont shoot each other and you can make some sort of tower defense mod with this probably
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:57:54 AM by Conan »

Could you possibly fix pandans old sentry?