RX 480 4g does not function (lost all hope, ordering replacement)

Author Topic: RX 480 4g does not function (lost all hope, ordering replacement)  (Read 4598 times)

i know my computers pretty well but im a dumb forget when it comes to GPUs

so i purchased a Radeon RX 480 4g OC edition last week and it came in the mail today. i hooked it up to my custom windows 8.1 system, three monitors, cx 600 corsair PSU, i5 cpu, and 4g ram.

well once i got the pc booted up i noticed that only my center monitor was working. i checked the connections and all three were properly connected. i figured it was just that i didnt have all the drivers installed yet so i inserted the disk included with the GPU. i installed the programs contained and it asked me to reboot the computer. i did just that and still only one monitor was working. i tried booting up skyrim to see if it was atleast functioning as a GPU, however it wouldnt even run it on low settings for more than a minute before crashing from the lag. maybe  i still havnt installed all the drivers yet, i dont know. this is the first GPU ive tried installing. i have rebooted the computer with only one monitor connected at a time and it will work on all three as long as only one is plugged in at a time and i restart it
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:34:07 PM by Starkiller »

you see other monitors? could be your nvidia settings derp, amd settings lol. are in single monitor mode?
settings could disable em, though i dont think thats usually a default.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:24:37 PM by Bisjac »

nope only shows one monitor and the settings are not in single mode

this might be a dumb question. but all monitors are plugged into the video card itself right?
ive seen issues in the past where sometimes motherboard monitor ports will not work side by side with video card ones. depends on cards.

yes they are all connected to the GPU

I tried rebooting again and now my Intel graphics control panel is not showing up.

Have you tried installing the drivers for the GPU itself?

Dumb question perhaps, but did you plug in the PCIe power cable?

I tried rebooting again and now my Intel graphics control panel is not showing up.

you dont want intel graphics. as you should not have a single monitor plugged into the mother board anyway.

Have you tried installing the drivers for the GPU itself?
well that's the thing I'm not too sure if I have. I installed everything that came on the disk and I did tell windows to look for driver updates but it isn't finding any.
Dumb question perhaps, but did you plug in the PCIe power cable?
yes I have

you dont want intel graphics. as you should not have a single monitor plugged into the mother board anyway.
oh gotcha. I can't find any AMD controls either

I did tell windows to look for driver updates but it isn't finding any.

theres the problem.

you need to visit the amd driver page itself and download that huge thing manually. windows will never help you there.
being an nvidia guy i dont remember the amd driver page well. but you should be able to browse either your model, or just a generic amd software that can do it for you.

theres the problem.

you need to visit the amd driver page itself and download that huge thing manually. windows will never help you there.
being an nvidia guy i dont remember the amd driver page well. but you should be able to browse either your model, or just a generic amd software that can do it for you.
OK I'm on it. I'll get back to you

well that's the thing I'm not too sure if I have. I installed everything that came on the disk and I did tell windows to look for driver updates but it isn't finding any.
Yeah there's your problem. As bisjac said, go to the website and be sure you download all the exact drivers you need and install them, and restart afterwards.

ok so i visited this page i downloaded and installed both items and restarted my pc however nothing has changed.