RX 480 4g does not function (lost all hope, ordering replacement)

Author Topic: RX 480 4g does not function (lost all hope, ordering replacement)  (Read 4662 times)

"Windows 8.1 32-Bit"

I'm pretty sure you have to download the 64-bit one, lol

Manually un-install those drivers and re-install the correct ones, 64 bit then try it

restart? and does your device manager show as the amd card being your graphics device? you trying to use intel before might have it set to the CPU instead.

"Windows 8.1 32-Bit"

I'm pretty sure you have to download the 64-bit one, lol

Manually un-install those drivers and re-install the correct ones, 64 bit then try it
well i have a 32 bit OS.

restart? and does your device manager show as the amd card being your graphics device? you trying to use intel before might have it set to the CPU instead.
yes i have rebooted. i actually cant find the AMD card on my device manager as a display adapter
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 06:19:52 PM by Starkiller »

If you are using 3 displays, you will need to use at least one monitor on displayport.  If you don't have a monitor with displayport, just get an active adapter versus a pass-through to something such as HDMI.  Most AMD eyefinity setup's that have 3 or more displays need it for what ever reason.

If you are using 3 displays, you will need to use at least one monitor on displayport.  If you don't have a monitor with displayport, just get an active adapter versus a pass-through to something such as HDMI.  Most AMD eyefinity setup's that have 3 or more displays need it for what ever reason.
so your saying the GPU needs to output video through at least one display port and it doesnt matter which ports the other two are connected to? and this would solve at least the multiple monitor issue?

so your saying the GPU needs to output video through at least one display port and it doesnt matter which ports the other two are connected to? and this would solve at least the multiple monitor issue?

Yes that is exactly it

Connecting multiple monitors for AMD Eyefinity technology couldn’t be simpler. There are four easy rules to remember:

1.The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
2.The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
3.If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an inexpensive active DisplayPort adapter for it.​
4.Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays.

Remember that these are the most basic requirements. Creative designs like the Sapphire FleX HD 7950 or the MSI R7970 Lightning make it even easier to configure AMD Eyefinity technology by reducing, or even eliminating some of these requirements for AMD Radeon™ graphics products. In that respect, always make sure to carefully explore these non-reference solutions and their product specifications when configuring a system with AMD Eyefinity technology by checking with the graphics card manufacturer.​

SOURCE

Yes that is exactly it

SOURCE
ok. so ive disconnected one of the monitorsand rebooted. now my center monitor is mirroring the second one and i still lack the ability to find the AMD control panel, the GPU isnt showing up on my device manager, and skyrim still crashes a minute in on low settings so it still has problems that probably arent related to the third monitor issue

ok. so ive disconnected one of the monitorsand rebooted. now my center monitor is mirroring the second one and i still lack the ability to find the AMD control panel, the GPU isnt showing up on my device manager, and skyrim still crashes a minute in on low settings so it still has problems that probably arent related to the third monitor issue

Have you installed the drivers directly from AMD's site?  Otherwise you should be able to access Radeon settings by right clicking on the desktop if installed properly

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Have you installed the drivers directly from AMD's site?  Otherwise you should be able to access Radeon settings by right clicking on the desktop if installed properly

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
yes i did. i still cannot find the AMD control panel
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:03:48 PM by Starkiller »

yes i did. i still cannot find the AMD control panel

You may need to uninstall the driver software you have installed, and reinstall it all and then of course restart your machine when done.

You may need to uninstall the driver software you have installed, and reinstall it all and then of course restart your machine when done.
ok ill do that

i say concern yourself with getting 1 monitor to play games properly first.
because you had issues with the device itself being shown. multi monitors shouldnt be a priority just yet lol.

so i did as sub suggested and still the problems prevail. i mean. i might just be doing this all wrong on my end as im unfamiliar with drivers and GPUs

is your gpu shown anymore in the device list at all?
you wouldnt even be able to see the screen if your monitor wasnt using it.

where would it be listed under? because all that shows up on display adapters is "microsoft basic display adapter"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:50:30 PM by Starkiller »