Author Topic: RX 480 4g does not function (lost all hope, ordering replacement)  (Read 4481 times)

idkool kids klubkool kids klub but could a 32 bit os have something to do with this?   

idkool kids klubkool kids klub but could a 32 bit os have something to do with this?   
I don't think so since they give out 32 bit drivers. But that's just speculation.

Maybe the PCIe slot on the motherboard is bad. Did you have a graphics card in the same slot before?

i was worried but that really wouldnt make sense to exclude 32 bit systems since they are still around. ive repackaged the graphics card and am shipping it back to amazon for a replacement

It would be fair speculation to suspect the OS being 32 bit could have an effect on what is going on.  Morbid curiosity brought me to some light internet reserach and I found an article regarding AMD dropping 32 bit driver support.

https://www.techpowerup.com/221296/amd-preparing-to-drop-32-bit-support-for-radeon-drivers
This knowledge-base article, intended for people looking for 32-bit drivers, reads:
A system running Microsoft Windows 10 64 Bit can take full advantage of the advanced visual and performance features of these graphics cards. However, AMD also provides 64 Bit drivers for Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows 7 to accomodate those users who choose to use an older Microsoft Operating System.

I did some sleuthing and found an article that contains the Crimson software (aka your drivers and utility software suite) that has a 32bit download for your wonderful 32bit version of windows 10.  Odds are even if it isn't the latest and greatest, just try updating the software once it's running if it works right.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.7.1-Release-Notes.aspx

ok. i will wait untill i get the replacement card. if it has the same problems i will try Subs last solution. and if it still doesnt work i will "acquire" the 64 bit version of 8.1