So I'm saving up for a laptop and I need some suggestions.

Author Topic: So I'm saving up for a laptop and I need some suggestions.  (Read 2253 times)

You're going to be extremely hard pressed to find a 970m laptop for $1000.

You're going to be extremely hard pressed to find a 970m laptop for $1000.

Alright then go with the MSI GE62 Apache Pro-239 which has an intel i7 6700hq, with a gtx 970m and 12gb of ram, plus 1TB of space.

that has a 960m, gross

I have the 960M in my laptop and that thing can run just about anything beautifully :)

I have the 960M in my laptop and that thing can run just about anything beautifully :)
Can it run GTA with x2 MSAA at 60fps? I remember my 960 not being able too without serious frame dips

iirc FXAA is more optimized than MSAA. Also it depends on your settings too. With a 960M, a mixture of normal / high graphics would get you in the 50s-60s average wise. Also your CPU will also reflect on how well the game performs too, since GTA V is pretty CPU intensive.

iirc FXAA is more optimized than MSAA. Also it depends on your settings too. With a 960M, a mixture of normal / high graphics would get you in the 50s-60s average wise. Also your CPU will also reflect on how well the game performs too, since GTA V is pretty CPU intensive.
Yes, FXAA is more optimized, but no where near as effective as MSAA. I know GTA V is CPU intensive, but anything with a 960m up mostly has a i5 6300HQ or i7 6700HQ, which are both true quad core chips. I'm tempted to suck it up and buy that laptop mentioned in the OP that I found for $900 open box with a 1060.
EDIT: FXAA might cut it since the screen is smaller now that I realize it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:51:30 PM by Willco2 »

I play GTA V max settings and pull 50-60 fps unless I go into power saving mode.  I have the i7 6700hq as my cpu.

Yes, FXAA is more optimized, but no where near as effective as MSAA. I know GTA V is CPU intensive, but anything with a 960m up mostly has a i5 6300HQ or i7 6700HQ, which are both true quad core chips. I'm tempted to suck it up and buy that laptop mentioned in the OP that I found for $900 open box with a 1060.
EDIT: FXAA might cut it since the screen is smaller now that I realize it.
If you can go for the one in the OP, it will be majorly better than any of the laptops linked in the thread

If you can go for the one in the OP, it will be majorly better than any of the laptops linked in the thread
But it probably won't last as long considering the temps it'll probably be running at.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 is recommended.  Fits your budget well, too.