Author Topic: PSA: Forum accounts are being compromised  (Read 34769 times)

im joining the poiuyt allegiance now to protect myself from the reckoning. god bless you all

Better safe than sorry, eh?
I'm willing to gamble my $20 account on this.

SMF might be a piece of stuff, but his description of the hack makes no sense whatsoever, nor does the behaviour of the supposedly "hacked" accounts.

noedit; of course, if Badspot says otherwise, then that's that. But I can't see any exploit here that let's you get user's account passwords.

it was zapk
he's doing it because "ha ha funny!!!!"
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=306022.msg9377181#new

Drew is innocent

Taken from the chat in right list, michael is zapk.

I'm not putting up with the shenanigans anymore. If I get nixed for this, then so be it, I just don't want people like drew taking the fire for your bullstuff.

Quoted so people can see on this thread

CC = CarbonCopy

Zapk and Honno are allegedly trying to use an SMF exploit in PMs to steal information. To prevent new PMs from being sent to you, go to Personal Message Options in Profile and put an asterisk in the box to prevent PMs from being received.

It may be a little overboard, but stolen information is nothing to forget with.

Take this with a grain of salt, I don't know exactly what's going on, but I'm hearing news that the people involved are Zapk, Honno, stufflord, Office Pirate and Blake1Studios.

noedit; of course, if Badspot says otherwise, then that's that. But I can't see any exploit here that let's you get user's account passwords.

There was that whole BloxCity fiasco last April that functioned around an exploit, which is why the forums uses https now

But that still wasn't really fixed, more so just barricaded, so it's still possible he's using the same thing now

Zapk and Honno are now officially worse than Okiver IMO

Take this with a grain of salt, I don't know exactly what's going on, but I'm hearing news that the people involved are Zapk, Honno, stufflord, Office Pirate and Blake1Studios.
stufflord is not involved, blake1 was the initial victim

stufflord is not involved, blake1 was the initial victim

Aight, thanks for clearing that up.

Ouch, poor Blake. That's some of the worst stuff I've seen a troll do on your acc. It looks genuine and without normal context you'd just assume a normal user suddenly posted something hideously stupid.

I feel bad for stuffting on Blake now

Ouch, poor Blake. That's some of the worst stuff I've seen a troll do on your acc. It looks genuine and without normal context you'd just assume a normal user suddenly posted something hideously stupid.

The funny thing is nobody could tell the handicapped troll posts from his regular posts