Author Topic: PSA: Forum accounts are being compromised  (Read 35514 times)

for clarification, all you have to do is set "notify by email every time you recieve a personal message" to never, and then your email won't show up in the email sent to everybody?

What if I set * in my Personal Message box though.

What if I set * in my Personal Message box though.
That also works, but prevents you from receiving any personal messages.

for clarification, all you have to do is set "notify by email every time you recieve a personal message" to never, and then your email won't show up in the email sent to everybody?
Yep, that's it.
You'll still receive PMs just fine, you just won't get an email.

might also help if you change your account email if you received that message

<---- paranoid
does random string passwords + 2 factor auth sound secure enough?

<---- paranoid

Idk how about you show me them to verify :D

blake is also prob banned

<---- paranoid
a long random password on its own is good enough. 2FA helps, when it's available, but it rarely is

also @kidalex and other people who were sent random bananas by zapk / misha:
what a loving starfish
he also invited everyone to 'entropolis' which was just a ploy for the inner circle

this is probably stupid but would it be possible to file a police report on zapk?

Good to know I wasn't hacked. Tbh I don't think I even use the email that I have attached to this account anymore.

why has this forums attracted so many dweebs that do stuff like this? if i see any of you in real life im shoving you in a locker just in case

why has this forums attracted so many dweebs that do stuff like this?
It's the perfect size to cause trouble to a big enough audience without immediately being banned

It's the perfect size to cause trouble to a big enough audience without immediately being banned

holy stuff this might actually explain a lot