poll

yes
100 (54.6%)
no
65 (35.5%)
MFER thats not a poll
18 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: question - should the furry thread be deleted  (Read 20883 times)

What's a furry

a degenerate. most people feel that the community would be better off without them

As an internet denizen, I gotta honestly say that furries gotta be like the lowest level internet antagonist in the past couple years, practically harmless these days now that the drama whore underbelly either killed themselves or splintered off into subfandoms.

As an internet denizen, I gotta honestly say that furries gotta be like the lowest level internet antagonist in the past couple years, practically harmless these days now that the drama whore underbelly either killed themselves or splintered off into subfandoms.
how i'd assume a regular person looks at furries is like seeing someone wear an old nasty shirt

it's gross, the person wearing it by extension becomes gross, and even though the average joe doesn't like it nor do they want to see it, it doesn't cause harm to them

i have nothing against furries personally but i can't say i like the idea of thinking you're actually a dog-man and also for my aforementioned reasons

but then you would be banned
If that's how it must be...

I could finally go and be one with my fellow flurries and spread flurry joy all over the world!

even the mcflurry??
Especially the McFlurry!

Consider it this way: we have a box of ants in a room. These ants stay in the box, maybe one or two get out every now and then. Everything is nice and you dont really have to pay attention to this box or the ants, its just there. Now say we smash this box and attempt to squash whats inside. Well now you have a forgetton of ants running around in the room and they're just everywhere and its just a mess. Why did you smash this box in the first place? Was it spite? Well that was in poor taste. Smfh.

I may sound out of character at the moment but I feel furries are majoritised by the worst kind rather than the rest who keep control over it. I'll be a little frank here that I feel I have no right to judge about this but, Furries and Anime 'weeabos' share one same kind of relationship: fandom. A overly large fan, a fanatic. Anime hasn't been called out hard enough as Furries (by no means I am implying anime should)

There are many people who are attracted to large eyes and tremendously large breasts which is the same as being attracted to a animal; in fantasy. The key point that differs special interestes in this case is as long as it's in fantasy, not reality. I can quite relate to the furry fandom coming from a 'weeaboo' view. I also generally dislike people who take anime fandom to another level but it's not called out for. They think it's normal. Other than that there are people who share and enjoy being passionate about their hobby.

At this point in time, what I can assume is other members are disturbed or uncomfortable with the furry megathread. Likewise many people who've said it before, that place is solely for the fans of magical animals who have human features. There are overly excessive fans and the most are passionate sensible people about their tastes. I feel the best way to avoid a situation with a furry representing their community negatively is simply ignoring. These kind of furries, in the way I understand, fuel from the disgust given by the community, just being selfish and care about their kind of fandom without contributing with the others. Of course, their community which is passionate about their hobbies are awfully too forgiving which is why they defend them.

In short, ignore, not ignorance. Leave them to be and dont fuel them further.

Consider it this way: we have a box of ants in a room. These ants stay in the box, maybe one or two get out every now and then. Everything is nice and you dont really have to pay attention to this box or the ants, its just there. Now say we smash this box and attempt to squash whats inside. Well now you have a forgetton of ants running around in the room and they're just everywhere and its just a mess. Why did you smash this box in the first place? Was it spite? Well that was in poor taste. Smfh.
ya or we could throw the gay box out the window never worry about it again

the thread should be deleted and replaced with ten more furry-related threads

sanctuary threads must be purged

Nice eight year old quote, bro. Would you like something more recent?

by today's standards furries are utterly harmless.
In the grand scheme of things though, people liking things that I don't seems completely irrelevant to me now.
Fun fact: Badspot said this in direct response to someone posting that very image.

how i'd assume a regular person looks at furries is like seeing someone wear an old nasty shirt

it's gross, the person wearing it by extension becomes gross, and even though the average joe doesn't like it nor do they want to see it, it doesn't cause harm to them

i have nothing against furries personally but i can't say i like the idea of thinking you're actually a dog-man and also for my aforementioned reasons
Most "regular people" don't care.
These days there's been enough information by actual reputable sources about what furries are, that most people either realize a lot of the stuff out their about furries is either false, or they just don't care. These days, your average person who hates them are denizens of the internet hiding behind anonymity; either trolls, or the type of people who just have to have something to hate.

As a staff photographer for multiple conventions, and my state's (fairly large) local furry community group, I've witnessed plenty of interactions between fursuiters and the general public. Capturing these interactions is a large part of my role as a staff photographer

If online interactions are anything to make assumptions off, you would think there would be a lot of people approaching us, screaming "WEIRDO" "FREAK" or just generally causing trouble. And yet in the....probably 30-40 separate events I've been to, not once have I seen such a thing happen. Instead what happens is people are thrilled to see us.
  • We wander around parks or even downtown Minneapolis, and people come up to us to take photos of/with the fursuiters/get their kids to come up and interact
  • A local pet store is thrilled to have us coming back every winter and spring to help with their fundraiser for an animal shelter. Store employees/management take pictures with us
  • Our local non-profit zoo loves having us every Halloween for their kid-friendly Halloween fundraiser
  • Local bowling alleys have asked me to take a photo of the fursuiters standing by their logo, and send them the photo so they can post it
  • Convention hotel staff love to watch main stage events, or even participate by throwing on something like an animal ear headband
And before somebody can say otherwise, yes these people know what furries are. The pet store and zoo employees refer to us as such. Hotel staff at conventions sure as stuff know what we are, there's no way to doub that. And from the general public, I've heard comments like (in an excited tone) "OMG FURRIES!" and "full suited furries are the cutest thing ever"

Nobody (well, almost nobody) "thinks they're actually a dog-man". It's just fun to play a character occasionally.
Sure, it's pretty weird, I'll be the first to admit that. But your "average joe" doesn't connect "pretty weird" to be deserving of all the hate that furries get

you cant delete accounts -__-
Admins can.
Badspot doesn't do it anymore, but if you look bat at very old threads, occasionally you'll see a post with "Guest" under the person's name. That's an account that has been deleted
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:00:14 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Nice eight year old quote, bro. Would you like something more recent?
yiff in hell furcigarette
Admins can.
Badspot doesn't do it anymore, but if you look bat at very old threads, occasionally you'll see a post with "Guest" under the person's name. That's an account that has been deleted
this is just factually wrong as far as i can remember guests were users who had not yet made an account and it was a feature either; before blockland went retail or; before he removed it
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:58:00 AM by Whackin »