7 (0.8%)
Camel
12 (1.3%)
DeadFur
18 (1.9%)
Human
352 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 923

Author Topic: Furry Megathread - Furry Things Here  (Read 4477599 times)

Badspot

• Administrator

I'm sure at this point, we're all familiar with the modern hyper-offended/identity politics/SJW brain virus that is cutting a path through humanity.  There was a time when this virus was gestating exclusively within the furry population.  Children would create a fursona in an attempt to make themselves seem special - "oh I seem ordinary but I feel like a fancy animal inside".  When called out on this bullstuff, they would of course become angry - but this gave them a purpose.  There's nothing like the thrill of righteous indignation, of fighting for what you believe is your core being. 

At some point, the persecution itself became the goal.  Furries would shoe-horn their degenerate aesthetic sense into every topic they could, specifically with the intent of provoking a reaction.  Most were doing this subconsciously, the primitive sectors of their brain driving them to feel the satisfaction of conflict and the imagined victory that followed.

At this point in time, I advocated for quarantine and extermination to contain the brain virus.  After all, how do you fight something whose goal is self righteous indignation and conflict?  It's very difficult to even explain the concept, let alone come up with an antidote.

This is a simplification of the entire scenario, of course.  There are many other factors involved in the evolution of this virus, the feminization of education and politics, media emphasis on the underdog, etc.  But here we are today and the virus is everywhere.  The concept of the 'progressive stack' - ordering people by their identity rather than their merit - is discussed as a valid idea.  'Academics' openly attack the concept of free speech.  Children as young as three are being brow-beaten into changing their gender.  The prime minister of canada openly admitted to choosing his cabinet members based on their genitals and received applause.  The infection spreads from students to the highest levels of government. 

I'm not sure if the problem has left the furry community or if it is simply drowned out by the din of the wider world.  Either way, by today's standards furries are utterly harmless. 

Please do not intentionally disrupt the furry thread. 

Badspot

• Administrator
PS: Furries, please do not intentionally bait people with your degeneracy. 

I second this.

Wewlads, we're graced by our lord, Badspot. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

damn if badspot posted here stuff went down lol

just being a furry baits people

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 06:01:14 PM by Badspot »

are you trying to get banned

Being autistic baits people, but I have the temperance to- I just accepted this bait.

Badspot

• Administrator
On a more personal note, my objection to furry is aesthetic.  The snout look is terrible and I think it's used as a crutch by bad artists to avoid triggering a negative response from the specialized face processing area of the brain that we all have.  I also dislike the hyper-accessorized 'scene' look and how everything has to look like a try-hard teenager. 

There are some super talented artists that do furry - more than their used to be it seems.  Maybe they've just gotten older and improved, which is admirable.  But their work could be further improved by adding human faces. 

I guess the real issue is that the culture of participation - everyone has to have their own fursona - leads many children and terrible artists to draw terrible stuff.  Now this happens everywhere, but when you add in the 'this is my identity' issue suddenly people take personal offense to technical comments, are unwilling to take any kind of criticism, and we're back to evolving the brain virus. 

In the grand scheme of things though, people liking things that I don't seems completely irrelevant to me now.  Perhaps it's the number of actual criminals and legitimate head cases I've had to deal with on the forum since then, but it just doesn't register as a problem to me anymore.