7 (0.8%)
Camel
12 (1.3%)
DeadFur
18 (1.9%)
Human
352 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 923

Author Topic: Furry Megathread - Furry Things Here  (Read 4536585 times)

"The Yiffening" I could get behind that

"Reinvented by Arekan"
Been reposted here dozen of times but the "reinvented" part seems new to me

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/3042650
this guy's "contract" omg
A lot of these are not only unenforcable under us copyright law, but also very egotistical
something doesn't have to be enforceable under copyright law if it's in a contract
but the act of drawing his character is not consent. so the contract is irrelevant unless he specifically has an artist agree to it before drawing his character (and that is irrelevant in anything that he doesn't know about beforehand)
legally he wouldn't be able to require anyone to remove the drawing because the artist could just say it wasn't that character. FA mods might remove it, but if it's on a site that doesn't particularly care about that sort of thing, then there's nothing the character's creator can do about it

but regardless of legal issues it is kind of rude to draw someone's character without asking them, or them having said it's okay for anyone to do it

something doesn't have to be enforceable under copyright law if it's in a contract
Yeah, true.

but regardless of legal issues it is kind of rude to draw someone's character without asking them, or them having said it's okay for anyone to do it
Yeah, as I said previously, I recognize there's a certain "don't be a richard" factor to this stuff, but it still seems kinda excessive. Like the whole "you must destroy all work and not rework it into another character" thing if you change your mind about doing art of him. Like, no one would ever know it was originally him, especially if you rework it into an entirely different species. He calls it "depicting Etheras as another character." No, it is another character. You got your money back, it's not about you anymore.

I don't know, it just gives off a vibe of like, a feeling of superiority. Just not the type of person i would personally want to do work for.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:40:35 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

if I was an artist, I wouldn't do anything at all for anyone who was gonna make me agree to a contract when they were commissioning me, lol

i wish my art was good so people would commission me

you guys need some riptide in your life

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm sorry, I think you may have meant paws

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:02:40 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

<3 riptide

I'm sorry, I think you may have meant paws
<3 paws

I'm torn, can't decide which is better :c