poll

yes
100 (54.6%)
no
65 (35.5%)
MFER thats not a poll
18 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: question - should the furry thread be deleted  (Read 20874 times)

Nice eight year old quote, bro. Would you like something more recent?

Fun fact: Badspot said this in direct response to someone posting that very image.

Most "regular people" don't care.
These days there's been enough information by actual reputable sources about what furries are, that most people either realize a lot of the stuff out their about furries is either false, or they just don't care. These days, your average person who hates them are denizens of the internet hiding behind anonymity; either trolls, or the type of people who just have to have something to hate.

As a regular convention staff photographer, and a staff photographer for my state's (fairly large) furry community group, I've witnessed plenty of interactions between fursuiters and the general public. Capturing these interactions is a large part of my role as a staff photographer
If the online interactions are anything to make assumptions off, you would think there would be a lot of people approaching us, screaming "WEIRDO" "FREAK" or just generally causing trouble. And yet in the....probably 30-40 separate events I've been to, not once have I seen such a thing happen. Instead what happens is people are thrilled to see us.
  • We wander around parks or even downtown Minneapolis, and people come up to us to take photos of/with the fursuiters/get their kids to come up and interact
  • A local pet store is thrilled to have us coming back every winter and spring to help with their fundraiser for an animal shelter. Store employees/management take pictures with us
  • Our local non-profit zoo loves having us every Halloween for their kid-friendly Halloween fundraiser
  • Local bowling alleys have asked me to take a photo of the fursuiters standing by their logo, and send them the photo so they can post it
  • Convention hotel staff love to watch main stage events, or even participate by throwing on something like an animal ear headband
And before somebody can say otherwise, yes these people know what furries are. The pet store and zoo employees refer to us as such. Hotel staff at conventions sure as stuff know what we are, there's no way to doub that. And from the general public, I've heard comments like (in an excited tone) "OMG FURRIES!" and "full suited furries are the cutest thing ever"

Nobody (well, almost nobody) "thinks they're actually a dog-man". It's just fun to play a character occasionally.
Sure, it's pretty weird, I'll be the first to admit that. But your "average joe" doesn't connect "pretty weird" to be deserving of all the hate that furries get

Admins can.
Badspot doesn't do it anymore, but if you look bat at very old threads, occasionally you'll see a post with "Guest" under the person's name. That's an account that has been deleted
what a loving joke

I say just let people be happy for what they want to be.  If they want to be a furry, then let them it doesn't hurt/affect me in any way so why should it be deleted?

• We wander around parks or even downtown Minneapolis, and people come up to us to take photos of/with the fursuiters/get their kids to come up and interact
  • A local pet store is thrilled to have us coming back every winter and spring to help with their fundraiser for an animal shelter. Store employees/management take pictures with us
  • Our local non-profit zoo loves having us every Halloween for their kid-friendly Halloween fundraiser
  • Local bowling alleys have asked me to take a photo of the fursuiters standing by their logo, and send them the photo so they can post it
  • Convention hotel staff love to watch main stage events, or even participate by throwing on something like an animal ear headband
And before somebody can say otherwise, yes these people know what furries are. The pet store and zoo employees refer to us as such. Hotel staff at conventions sure as stuff know what we are, there's no way to doub that. And from the general public, I've heard comments like (in an excited tone) "OMG FURRIES!" and "full suited furries are the cutest thing ever"
if your walking around in public with your fursuit on there are bigger problems then what people on the street say to you

Most "regular people" don't care.
These days there's been enough information by actual reputable sources about what furries are, that most people either realize a lot of the stuff out their about furries is either false, or they just don't care. These days, your average person who hates them are denizens of the internet hiding behind anonymity; either trolls, or the type of people who just have to have something to hate.

As a staff photographer for multiple conventions, and my state's (fairly large) local furry community group, I've witnessed plenty of interactions between fursuiters and the general public. Capturing these interactions is a large part of my role as a staff photographer

If online interactions are anything to make assumptions off, you would think there would be a lot of people approaching us, screaming "WEIRDO" "FREAK" or just generally causing trouble. And yet in the....probably 30-40 separate events I've been to, not once have I seen such a thing happen. Instead what happens is people are thrilled to see us.

Nobody (well, almost nobody) "thinks they're actually a dog-man". It's just fun to play a character occasionally.
Sure, it's pretty weird, I'll be the first to admit that. But your "average joe" doesn't connect "pretty weird" to be deserving of all the hate that furries get.

is this a meme because you sound genuinely embarrassing lmao

if your walking around in public with your fursuit on there are bigger problems then what people on the street say to you
you're*
Also, as long as he/she are happy I wont judge

you're*
how you manage to be such a loving friend in less than 10 characters amazes me

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:30:17 PM by Badspot »

Of course not. Where else could I post my not-so-safe-for-work borderline-bestiality images I find on the internet?

how you manage to be such a loving friend in less than 10 characters amazes me
How are you so triggered over one word? All I did was say you're* and say I am not bothered by furries and that automatically makes me gay? ok

Of course not. Where else could I post my not-so-safe-for-work borderline-bestiality images I find on the internet?
This is where it crosses the line

How are you so triggered over one word? All I did was say you're* and say I am not bothered by furries and that automatically makes me gay? ok
This is where it crosses the line
anyone who corrects someones grammar on the loving internet on a loving block game forum immediately sucks richards

anyone who corrects someones grammar on the loving internet on a loving block game forum immediately sucks richards
Whatever you say, but I don't see how correcting someone's grammar makes them gay. 

e621 is 2 doors down the hall to the left.

what would deleting the furry thread accomplish exactly? the most it will do is that it'll be one less thread that's (usually) on the front page, and the people who used to post there can just post in other communities. you guys are acting like furries are shoving pictures of fox asses in your face constantly, when actually the furry community doesn't harm you at all- if you don't look inside the thread, it's just another thread title that you scroll past, and the most you'll ever see is the occasional 75x75 avatar you can adblock if it raises your blood pressure too much. I mean I guess I can see why lots of people are behind this because furries are minorities on the internet and are very easy to hate and persecute, but honestly it feels like you guys care more about furries being on the forum than the actual furries themselves. just do what badspot or any rational adult would do and be apathetic towards them.

anyone who gets disproportionately offended over having their grammar corrected on a loving block game forum immediately sucks richards
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:18:36 AM by Glass Joe »

no don't delete it. it's a containment for that stuff if it gets deleted it spreads across the forums

I think it speaks to how toxic the furry community is and has been on the BLF for years that it has to be "contained" in a single thread

On a side note: Headcrab Zombie is beyond repulsive. Please don't listen to anything he says.

On a side note: Headcrab Zombie is beyond repulsive. Please don't listen to anything he says.
say what you will about headcrab but he actually defended his position

literally everyone else's responses to him amounted to nothing more than "shut up stupid furry"
yiff in hell furcigarette
what a loving joke
is this a meme because you sound genuinely embarrassing lmao