Author Topic: Map Rotator (working link)?  (Read 4366 times)

Does anyone have a working link to a map rotator?
I found one, but the link is down/broken/dead.

Hey, I made a script for this a little while ago.

I'm not sure if it's the one you were going for, but if so - the reason for the broken link is I'm moving servers!

Give me 10 minutes and I'll have a look

Is there a way to save environments so that the rotator loads the map and it's environment?

Is there a way to save environments so that the rotator loads the map and it's environment?

Good idea, it is possible. I'll look into it soon and release an update on the add-on topic
(https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=294277)

Cool, also it appears to break named events. This is a big one for me.

Cool, also it appears to break named events. This is a big one for me.

Named events? Could you explain a little more?

Edit:
I think I've just found the problem with that, bare with me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:30:11 PM by BI0-Hazzard »

I have named events on my save but when the map rotator loads its version of my save the named bricks break, and they are no longer named just replaced with "namedbrick" or w/e lol.

gj for finding the post, CT ;p

Bump, progress on this?

Tezunis map rotation server was always fun, but since he never hosted it that often I have always wanted someone else to do one as well. This would be great.

Tezunis map rotation server was always fun, but since he never hosted it that often I have always wanted someone else to do one as well. This would be great.
Yea and if this gets updated with named brick and envi support, this will be the go-to map rotator.

Maybe I should release my map changer. It was made a few years ago but never intended to release it. It was on Randomizer and Kong's Deathrace, since my server has been down for a long time maybe I should release some of the stuff my Randomizer had.

Features:
 + Everything uses 1 command
   - Saving maps (using the autosave method)
   - Saving environments
   - Changing maps
 + Deletes all bricks when map changes
   - Sadly this uses a slow chain deletion function that is default
 + Voting (this is the only option at the moment)

Maybe I should release my map changer. It was made a few years ago but never intended to release it. It was on Randomizer and Kong's Deathrace, since my server has been down for a long time maybe I should release some of the stuff my Randomizer had.

Features:
 + Everything uses 1 command
   - Saving maps (using the autosave method)
   - Saving environments
   - Changing maps
 + Deletes all bricks when map changes
   - Sadly this uses a slow chain deletion function that is default
 + Voting (this is the only option at the moment)

This would be awesome, do you know if this rotator causes any problems with named bricks?