Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 153362 times)

So uh, about that design flaw?
Apparently people are getting the strap attachments stuck on the Joy-Cons because they put them in the wrong way, it happened to Cow Chop, it happened to Video Games Awesome, and according to a comment on VGA's video, it also happened to Lamar Wilson (idk who this is), Roosterteeth, and Vinny Vinesauce

So is that actually a design flaw, or the case of Youtubers/streamers just not being careful or observant with what they're doing? That seems like a pretty bad design flaw that the straps can just be attached incorrectly so easily and then be way harder to get back off than they went on
Can i get any confirmation on this and perhaps even make a new and more worthwhile discussion than whatever's going on with Tony here?

So uh, about that design flaw?
The straps are double-sided and can be applied to either side. They slide on (like the Switch itself slides on to the JoyCon) via a rail; the bottom of the rail is closed, blocking anything from sliding up that side. At the top of the JoyCon on either side is a PLUS or MINUS symbol, which corresponds with the correct half of the JoyCon to slide that side of the rail with, and also reminds you where the top is.

You would have to be a loving blind moron to forget it up.

Are they perhaps hard to see? Otherwise, it could just be a case of thinking that putting the straps on is just a simple task that doesn't require the person to know about plus and minus symbols like they're working with batteries

Actually, somehow, i think i recall that Video Games Awesome and even Vinny Vinesauce weren't even aware of the straps being in the same box for some reason, so it might actually be a case of stupidity to a degree...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 10:07:52 PM by Masterlegodude »

Are they perhaps hard to see?
The symbols are engraved and larger than the actual Plus/Minus buttons on the JoyCon.

Otherwise, it could just be a case of
It's very clearly a case of people not treating the console with a little bit of bloody respect. Slow down and assess the situation before you charge in.

As a general note; I did actually attempt inserting one upside down (aka incorrectly). The rail doesn't have any resistance which should be the first warning, and the strap slides past the attachment point, until it gets stuck. Removal is difficult, but not impossible (requires more pressure pushing down, but doesn't seem to damage any of the parts).

Slow down and assess the situation before you charge in.
Let's Players don't have time for that, time is money :cookieMonster:

As a general note; I did actually attempt inserting one upside down (aka incorrectly). The rail doesn't have any resistance which should be the first warning, and the strap slides past the attachment point, until it gets stuck. Removal is difficult, but not impossible (requires more pressure pushing down, but doesn't seem to damage any of the parts).
Well, that's good to know, but it is still a shame that it can happen so easily

Imagine all the kids and uninformed parents that will run into this problem though, Nintendo's gonna be flooded with emails!

If the number of games didn't matter then the wii-U wouldn't have died.

ignoring tony
THIS is the official new strategy.
everyone please try this but use motion controls to move magnesis fast enough to deal any damage
you can sneak up to a guardian by putting the boulder as close to you as possible and it will block
you from its vision, then you can get a few hits with the boulder. block lasers with it aswell, but beware, it might still shoot even if you are behind the boulder, so dont move it away too quickly
also blocking yourself with the boulder mid combat puts the guardian in search mode

i really really want to take the bait, but that's just gonna create a slew of stuff i'm not prepared to stay up all night for

also, is the neon stuff the only console i can currently buy?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 10:25:01 PM by hillkill »

SUCCESS
ok new real sstrat - keep the boulder near you at all times, get the guardian as close as possible. when he fires, attack by hitting the top of his head, you can get 4-6 hits in like that.
he will not move, so you are free to keep hitting him and blocking shots.
however, he will prematurely shoot (not fully charging) if you block yourself after hitting him. dont be TOO close to the boulder when he shoots, or you will take up to 1 heart of damage

I think Breath of the Wild is deserving of it's own thread, especially if possible spoilers are involved

why're'y'all even replying to tony o m g
because it's fun, like nintendo's games

If the number of games didn't matter then the wii-U wouldn't have died.
it didn't die. not sure where you're getting that from.

I think Breath of the Wild is deserving of it's own thread, especially if possible spoilers are involved
I believe it did have it's own thread but this is BLF, we have special people.

im not spoiling anything am i?

it didn't die. not sure where you're getting that from.

Nintendo killed all support for it in favor of the switch. Mostly because of poor sales and third party alienation.

im not spoiling anything am i?
No, you're just retreading all the ground covered in the official strategy guide, poorly ;)

No, you're just retreading all the ground covered in the official strategy guide, poorly ;)
What!!!! Aw Man???
Nintendo killed all support for it in favor of the switch. Mostly because of poor sales and third party alienation.
Lol ok tony