Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 151310 times)

I get it you shuttleroosters, I'm working on the loving OP. Stop PMing me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:16:37 AM by McJob »

There absolutely NEEDS to be a new Kirby's Air Ride for the Nintendo Switch as part of Kirby's 25th anniversary

Or at least a new 4 player co-op Kirby game

does anyone else find it weird that their using the new loz and basically only the new loz in their marketing for the product?

does anyone else find it weird that their using the new loz and basically only the new loz in their marketing for the product?
The console manufacturers all have their flagship mascots; they might have a collection of mascots, but they'll always push one as being the definitive symbol of what their prospective console is about.

It's an amazing-looking game with graphics you wouldn't expect on a handheld, so why not.
Although that does look kind of bulky for something to take with you. It's nice how the 3DS can fit in your pocket.

The console manufacturers all have their flagship mascots; they might have a collection of mascots, but they'll always push one as being the definitive symbol of what their prospective console is about.
what are the mascots for ps3 and xbox then? im interested to see what people think

what are the mascots for ps3 and xbox then? im interested to see what people think
Xbox: Master Chief, a big ol' green X, and a bag of Mountain Dew.
Playstation: i dunno a blank disc?

The Xbox 360 launch really pushed the Master Chief, even though Halo 3 was still years away (they did a number of Halo 2 tournaments to fill the time).

The PS3 is an interesting anamoly, because they had a number of strong characters but not a single one of them would be ready for launch and stood out more than the others. Crash, Ratchet, Sly And Jak were kinda shunned to make way for a stronger push on the higher graphical fidelity games, like Gran Turismo.

The Xbox 360 launch really pushed the Master Chief, even though Halo 3 was still years away (they did a number of Halo 2 tournaments to fill the time).

The PS3 is an interesting anamoly, because they had a number of strong characters but not a single one of them would be ready for launch and stood out more than the others. Crash, Ratchet, Sly And Jak were kinda shunned to make way for a stronger push on the higher graphical fidelity games, like Gran Turismo.
see i dont think either really have a flagship character anymore. back in the day yeah, especially xbox, but now i feel like nintendo is really the only one who does. probably because they have much less to offer in variety then the other consoles do

Damn I keep forgetting how close the Switch is from now. I'm super interested in any new details by now especially with how quiet Ninty has been.

see i dont think either really have a flagship character anymore. back in the day yeah, especially xbox, but now i feel like nintendo is really the only one who does. probably because they have much less to offer in variety then the other consoles do

i think if they stepped up their stuff they would have more variety ffs

like they're just sitting on a goldmine of unused ips

You've clearly not being paying attention to their advertising and marketing.

Halo, Gears of War, Forza and Battlefield (despite not being Microsoft-exclusive) are the big four for Microsoft, with their big icon still being the Master Chief. Recently they've been bringing Tomb Raider into the mix, which works because Xbox is now a brand which encompasses the PC platform as well.

Sony is really pushing Nathan Drake, but Sackboy was their big mascot for a long time, and before that they were big supporters of Kratos and Crash. Don't forget they funded movies for Ratchet and Sly. And hey, Gran Turismo is amazingly still one of the most successful games on the planet, financially, and they KNOW that.

You've clearly not being paying attention to their advertising and marketing.

Halo, Gears of War, Forza and Battlefield (despite not being Microsoft-exclusive) are the big four for Microsoft, with their big icon still being the Master Chief. Recently they've been bringing Tomb Raider into the mix, which works because Xbox is now a brand which encompasses the PC platform as well.

Sony is really pushing Nathan Drake, but Sackboy was their big mascot for a long time, and before that they were big supporters of Kratos and Crash. Don't forget they funded movies for Ratchet and Sly. And hey, Gran Turismo is amazingly still one of the most successful games on the planet, financially, and they KNOW that.
i mean yeah they each have their own successful games and their sequels, but they aren't really on the same level as halo was for microsoft, or mario or loz has been for nintendo. xbox and sony push any triple a game that has a lot of appeal regardless, like COD or titanfall 2. when i see playstation i dont think "gran turismo" yknow. halo's not really big anymore either

when i see playstation i dont think "gran turismo" yknow. halo's not really big anymore either
And yet, the sales stats and their marketing continues to disagree. You should see the design of their booths at gaming events and their billboards and head office designs. You might not associate game you don't like with these companies, but they know full-well what is their top tier interesting.

And as I said, Gran Turismo is high on the chain, but they've REALLY been pushing Nathan Drake hard ever since the tail-end of the PS3 era.