Author Topic: /ty just came to my CRPG server and handed me a copy of his CRPG.  (Read 8811 times)

inb4 OrangeMan is an alt of iBan.

i think hes an alt of jitank.

You could just ban him. I don't see the problem with the exploit backdoors
Try hosting CRPG witth backdoors and the man who created it joins, then destroys your server and bans you.

A lot of the functions themselves actually have legitimate non-malicious purposes, he may of added the 'backdoors' so he can access those functions on a dedicated server hosted by a different BLID, it's just seems slightly suspicious that he'd redistribute it without warning people that there's a million admin functions that he can access lol
This reminds me that the survival and super murder mystery gamemodes give eval access to port and jack noir iirc unless you edit their names to yours so in a sense they're backdoored though I don't think it's in an intentional malicious manner.

This reminds me that the survival and super murder mystery gamemodes give eval access to port and jack noir iirc unless you edit their names to yours so in a sense they're backdoored though I don't think it's in an intentional malicious manner.

That's what I originally figured but after looking further into it, there's functions in the script that's just plain malicious bullstuff, like giving ty (and only ty) the ability to delete people's player objects. It's nothing incredibly intelligent, I didn't find any eval backdoors or anything that would be difficult to remove.

It really honestly should just be a matter of removing his BL_ID from everything and deleting a bunch of garbage functions assuming it worked in the first place. If you were that committed to using his edit anyway

i think hes an alt of jitank.
Do I look like a monday to you?

do you honest to god think anyone would trust you with something like this
it's a matter of editing out his /ty's id and replacing it with your own lol
you can check the code yourself if you really wanted to if you're that suspicious

We need to contact Bloks and get his version, it seems to have no backdoors?

I checked the file and the IDs 997, 75225 are automatically made hosts.
To fix this, I used ctrl f to find every time this occours and changed it to my ID, so you should do the same for yours but not release it due to backdoors of your own being in it.

SORRY for triplepost:
You could also IPban the ids 997 and 75225, because 997 is active - daprogs shows him being online yesterday, but 75225 has no trace.

We need to contact Bloks and get his version, it seems to have no backdoors?
It does.

ID 997 is tyler0 which is this guy: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=259314.msg7571325#msg7571325

The ID 27161 is also related in the backdoors. An ID check shows Meggey is made auto-host whenever they join a server. Meggey is friends with /Ty and a problem user, and they are still active on occasions.

Jesus Christ - I just found another backdoor in the baton file, making id 4896 (no linked id, I checked) auto-admin

Ok, i spent an hour filediving and got rid of all pieces of backdoor code. The associated ID's are:
997, 75225, 27161, 4896
997 is /ty
27161 is Meggey
If you fail to clear all the backdoors, the gamemode will not work. I replaced all of them with my own ID's or non-existing ones like 2,3 and 4,etc.
I managed to get it working without any backdoors at all, and it works 100%. I am not releasing this to anyone at all, even who PM me due to the fact I could be banned for implementing backdoors. However, i will be hosting this dedicated sometime this week with regular admins and resets, etc so people wont be bored. If I ever do stop hosting, I will look into making all the ids 2,3,4,5 etc so that I can release it without being given a revoke.