Author Topic: Death Stare Monster Thing  (Read 422 times)

i was trying to make a mode where there would be zombies running around the map really fast in really small numbers, the players had the Sniper Gun (from gun edits, fires slow but is one-shot kill) and were the Instakill Playertype (no jets of course) so players had to be constantly watching for zombies. Basically a long period of nothing and then suddenly SHOOT IT ACCURATELY OR DIE then nothing again, go back to searching the map for points and stuff

here's the problem
bots go sideways for some reason while attacking (to be harder to hit, I assume) and act weird in general
add going fast and they slide around like they're on ice and can't really hit you, they're LESS dangerous than at normal speed
sooooo I had the idea
what if they wandered the map, but instead of rushing you when they see you, they freeze and stare, you have an audio cue and have to find and shoot them before they stare you to death
then I thought, what if it's players, with some sort of lock-on stare (you can't move while locked on) and other abilities? that'd be interesting, so I thought well how would that work if you don't want competition between survivors and no "win condition" for the zombies (well, monsters at this point)
so what if it's one of those eliminate-the-monsters-before-they-eliminate-you things, players are given the sniper gun and the monsters stare them to death

would work best in maps with multiple layers and lots of openings into areas, and with some way of the monsters blending in. Maybe the ability to change their player skin to any color by right-clicking it or something?

Maybe the stare should work faster at closer ranges, so they can drop in on your head and nearly instantly kill you

thoughts