Author Topic: Microsoft cancels Platnium Game's Scalebound  (Read 3356 times)

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-exclusive-scalebound-has-been-canceled

What they said:
After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for "Scalebound." We're working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including "Halo Wars 2," "Crackdown 3," "State of Decay 2," "Sea of Thieves" and other great experiences.

Footage of the game:
e3 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moFpyssHL58
e3 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qcwiZEu1fA

Apparently this was/is Hideki Kamiya's dream game, and he's always wanted a game where dragons were a companion instead of an enemy. He was originally going to make this a long time ago, but instead made Bayonetta.

To me, I'm disappointed, and was looking to play this. Although the main character Drew (guy with headphones) seemed annoying, I was looking forward to seeing how the storyline developed him and gradually made him more likable and heroic. I also just want more dragon-riding games :(

edit: oh also, when asked about who owns the IP to the game now, MS did not say. They probably still have it though
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:13:02 PM by Lego lad »

"After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for "Scalebound." We're working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including "Halo Wars 2," "Crackdown 3," "State of Decay 2," "Sea of Thieves" and other great experiences."

???

no, seriously

?????????????????

oh yea i saw this at e3, looked pretty bad to me so im glad they cancelled it

tbh the game looks awful and would get mediocre scores

from the e3 2016 video, ya it looked kinda lackluster, but since it was being made by platinum games I still had faith in it rip

not saying much, but the game looked okay but jesus that voice acting

i can't feel bad for it when there's a PIRATE GAME being made instead

i can't feel bad for it when there's a PIRATE GAME being made instead
arg

lmao why is slim shady wearin headphones

Microsoft do a lot of playtesting (group tests and individual user experience tests with psychologists) for all of their first/second party games. It's intended to give feedback to both the developers and Microsoft about the state of a game.

Believe me; if Microsoft says it's stuff, it was total stuff.

Microsoft do a lot of playtesting (group tests and individual user experience tests with psychologists) for all of their first/second party games. It's intended to give feedback to both the developers and Microsoft about the state of a game.

rip

maybe they'll try again in the future, it wouldnt be the first time

i love how they cancel a game with potential to make room for a series of games that don't have any potential whatsoever

halo wars 2?
crackdown 3?

like holy forget everybody and they moms down at microsoft must be braindead

i love how they cancel a game with potential to make room for a series of games that don't have any potential whatsoever