if you had to choice to make blockland fun again but ruin the community

Poll

!!!

let a million new players in at the expense of our community
45 (45%)
keep blockland small so our community is unique
55 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: if you had to choice to make blockland fun again but ruin the community  (Read 4071 times)

More like a bunch of trash and cringe worthy servers taking the top spots, a bunch of questionable, barely functional add-ons, stealing add-ons and builds with players claiming they made it, take a look at Roblox and even GMod's Workshop for example, millions of mods, while 95% are duplications and stuffty saves.

Blockland is a small game built on an older engine, it is not equiped to handle the clusterforget it would be if it had a massive player list
A bigger community would mean more bad players.
But it would also mean more good players.
There'd be more stuffty addons, but also more good addons.
The method of distributing/sharing addons would have to change. Using a forum for file sharing works for a small community, but would be terrible for something huge.

Age of the game is irrelevant in regards to community size because the only thing that would be hit harder is the master server, which is completely independent of the game engine itself.
The server browser could use some basic changes/additions, like better filtering, but that's really it, and age of the game is not a limiting factor is doing so.

can I make the community better but make the game worse?

can I make the community better but make the game worse?
your probably joking but honestly this. i primarily use the forums so a better (and possibly bigger community nobody is on this website after 9 pm lol) community would be pretty  great

having more players wouldn't ruin the community

More like a bunch of trash and cringe worthy servers taking the top spots, a bunch of questionable, barely functional add-ons, stealing add-ons and builds with players claiming they made it, take a look at Roblox and even GMod's Workshop for example, millions of mods, while 95% are duplications and stuffty saves.

Blockland is a small game built on an older engine, it is not equiped to handle the clusterforget it would be if it had a massive player list, let alone the administration would be terrible to be done on those servers, while the big majority would definitely have badmins abusing their priviledges, and on servers that allow players to build and event, 90% of the time will result in massive ammounts of spam.
we already have servers run by children who don't know what they're doing. you act like this would kill the game; it would put more money in Badspot's pocket, and it is safe to assume for every hundred idiot children we'd get at least one new great modder or builder. I'm actually kind of baffled you think this is even an issue. nobody is forcing you to join SuperViolentman12's Spam Roleplay right now, and nobody would force you to join in this scenario.

you laugh but I'm literally talking about people like you who have nothing to contribute than acting like a complete handicap
smashed

it would turn out like this

oh sorry i meant

make it fun because i tried to host a blockparty and only one person joined, said "hi i like legos" and then immediately left

An influx of players wouldn't ruin this community, everyone would already know who everyone else was, and those eager to be known within this community would have a hard time doing so, so naturally they'd quit. The community would remain somewhat how it is regardless of the amount of players that joined. Only the most dedicated "notice me" type forgeters would ever try to bridge this wall.

there's literally no loss in having the game become more popular. that's exactly what games like blockland need to survive and stay good: lots of users generating content continuously.

I think blockland would much more fun if they were more players.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:10:47 PM by cooolguy32 »

My belief, while not original, is that

having more players wouldn't ruin the community

You're (referring to OP) probably thinking of MMOs such as Garry's Mod or TF2. Yes, people that know how to open the modding suite to defecate on it and then upload that... work to the workshop/addon section will always exist.

See ComicSans's stuffty addons, as he called them himself, for example. This community is small but there you go! A crappy addon!

Or perhaps an addon pack someone posted at the addons section, having made not one of the addons in the pack! It's in the wrong category like in that addon section in that modifiable game with the crappy modding community you dread so much.

I don't think it'd be good for anyone's sake for the game to get a million new players over the course of a few days but 15 thousand would probably turn the game toward the right direction, and secure plenty of ancestors to replace us when we eventually catch a strain of Alzheimers and forget how to use a computer to return to whachammacallit.

...Actually, forget that last one.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:43:11 PM by Marios »