Poll

did you actually read all that shit

yeah
46 (71.9%)
no
18 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: don't jump or why grapple knife is stuff  (Read 5464 times)

grapple knife dms still exist? jeez

grapple knife loving sucks

a congratulations is in order; element's spastic movements have allowed him to land on the platform without death. too late, however, he realizes a problem with his plan; he has to draw and charge his knife. while he may hold the superior position of the platform, he has given up the first knife strike of the match and, in a game in which players dance around the maximum range of the knife looking for an opening, he has put himself at a huge disadvantage. although you's knife is not charged in the photograph, it would most certainly be in a real game, and he would have free reign to approach and stab element at whim. thus ends the story of element, defeated both times and unable to overcome the don't jump philosophy.

why didn't any of these grapple knife players/hosts/etc ever think to like...

add the functionality of the grapple to knife right click..?

Of all the hyper common blockland server archetypes, grapple knife is probably the lowest common denominator. The only thing I can imagine that's lazier is hosting a free build with no environment rules but even stuffty boring freebuilds with high latency are more enjoyable than grapple knife

It requires like, 3 add-ons, probably including slayer. Adding neon tiles to the platforms is still to this day the biggest innovation grapple knife has seen.

why didn't any of these grapple knife players/hosts/etc ever think to like...

add the functionality of the grapple to knife right click..?
thats a double edged sword as, although it would let people spaz out onto platforms at will, it would make every fight a loving mess as now everyone has to deal with trying to hit fellow spastics with a melee weapon that requires extremely precise aiming. this problem isn't unique considering you can use the grapple to escape all combat with ease in ordinary grapple knife. if you want to add some movement option it can't be as extreme as grapple and could be something like a dash
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:24:55 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

i tryed to make a better map for the gamemode because of this stuff, heres a picture.

hot lovey heck i'd play that

10/10  this is an excellent post

holy forget it's not a bunch of squares

when did blockland get this advanced

and i think i know the problem with BL's jumping being so predictable. the players are light and jump high which is fun for exploration and hanging around. but jumping full body height, and falling slow, is enough to have even moderate speed projectiles at a fair distance be easy to land against a jumping target.
most games either have a way to cancel your jump's momentum (a dash, or some other sort of action), or have relatively low jumps.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:30:05 AM by Shift Kitty »

im glad my inferior skills could help

This is the most detailed topic about grapple knife being stuff and I enjoy its existence

I'd like it more if it didn't have lives. People wouldn't have to wait forever after dying/on first join. It would also allow people to practice on getting better since they are fighting people much more often at a faster rate.

doing a jump in BL DMs is just a bad idea in general
while there are times where a jump will save your life, doing a jump in any other situation usually results in dying
DM where jumping is charged up a stuff-ton, Jump in the wrong place and you go through the atmosphere past mars past pluto out of the solar system meet up with voyager and continue flying

This is pretty accurate. I hate when people play super defensive. I mean, it's smart because you get the advantage, but it's so boring. Sometimes I actually get extremely angry playing this because of people camping and I'll start yelling at my computer screen, like really loud. One time I woke my dad up in the middle of the night and he beat the living stuff out of me with my own lamp. I mean, I still find the game fun to play if I'm really bored, but you're right that it's all about being defensive and waiting for your opponent to make the first move. I usually just play so I can swing around the map like a lunatic. That's the most fun part for me.

i remember there being like a rooftops knife map
it was 10 times better than the gknife map, but literally nobody hosted it