is witcher 3 any good?

Author Topic: is witcher 3 any good?  (Read 1472 times)

been hearing from literally everyone its like a perfect 10/10 or something, is it really all that great?
askin cause it's on sale right now, considering buying but idk

it's pretty good

super easy to get sidetracked to sidequest hell though

wat only 39, im surprised
it's really good

wat only 39, im surprised

I would have played it more but I got distracted by other games

I hate magic fantasy middle ages stuff and I think it's a good game
please no bathtub geralt though

YES

It's super easy to get into, you don't need any knowledge of the past games (it helps though), it truly has one of the biggest and best open world exploration maps ever seen which is beautifully crafted (no joke, the world design is phenomenal, one of the best in years, unlike Skyrim or MGSV, the world feels genuinely alive). I've never even been interested in fantasy magic middle aged stuff but this game sucked me right in, the writing's great, the gameplay is great, the world is great, everything about this game is just great, especially with the DLC's.

I've played it about 3 times through now, first on PS4 on release, then on PC, then again on my beefed out PC, 116 hours total and I plan to play it through again this coming May.

oh yeah if you have a high end computer this game looks beautiful and runs really well, even if you don't I'd still recommend getting this.

It's super easy to get into, you don't need any knowledge of the past games (it helps though)

honestly as much as I recommend this game, without playing the witcher 1 or 2 (not counting the 90 minutes of 1 I played to decide I didn't really like it) I felt overwhelmed because it seemed like they were constantly throwing returning characters at me like "hey, remember THIS person from the other game? how about THIS dude?" and I had no idea what was going on

it got better after awhile though, and it's my own fault anyway

It's good enough that I bought the books after playing it.

the controls are whack af but you'll get used to it

honestly as much as I recommend this game, without playing the witcher 1 or 2 (not counting the 90 minutes of 1 I played to decide I didn't really like it) I felt overwhelmed because it seemed like they were constantly throwing returning characters at me like "hey, remember THIS person from the other game? how about THIS dude?" and I had no idea what was going on

it got better after awhile though, and it's my own fault anyway
This. There are a ton of moments that have no substance because they are banking on your nostalgia. It's really an amazing game, I have a lot of fun with it. Only real problem is how quests work, it's a real chore figuring out what order you'll do everything so you aren't underleveled/overleveled for the main quest.

i finished 2 last night and bought 3 tonight (that sale was timed perfectly lol). i skipped 1 because i couldn't get into it but tried 2 (after reading into the lore/story for the first game so i didn't have to play it) since i bought both for under 5 bucks. the second game was painful to get into at first but after maybe four hours i was really enjoying it. there's some to be desired in the way of fighting mechanics but the story and dialogue is great. the third game is supposed to be a super refined version of 2 apparently and that was enough for me. imo if you're on the fence just go for it