Savage Archipelago — Rain Receding — [Day 4, Morning]

Poll

Sleeping Timeskip?

Yes.
2 (100%)
No.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Savage Archipelago — Rain Receding — [Day 4, Morning]  (Read 34877 times)

Volgya is cautious of the berries, as there is no way of telling himself if the berries are even safe to eat.  He drinks what little water he has collected, as though he were a dog, his face in the bowl. 

After somewhat satiating the mad thirst he felt, the man returns to the beach to investigate the site of the landed boat.

Volgya finds several corpses on the beach, consisting of former crew members, and also finds scraps of barrels, the hull, and a few beads that were meant to be traded.  As he nears the wreckage, he hears a woman's voice.

Volgya, a man seemingly without any regard for the dead, begins to strip the dead men and women of their clothing.  With the clothing, would attempt to fashion some sort of over-the-shoulder bag.

Volgya manages to tie together a number of tunics and create a bag of sorts, although it is soaked with seawater, rainwater runoff, and course sand.

Aǹni, seeing the man from before looting the bodies, furrows her brow and mutters a short prayer under her breath, then calls out to him, "Oi, hello, over here!" as she waves from the exposed lower deck.  The tides, having receded somewhat, allows her to climb down to the sand between waves.  "It was good to make ye acquaintance, sir," Aǹni says, looking up toward the man standing idle on the deck, before quickly walking toward the man on the beach.

"Find anything of interest at the forest's edge?"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:16:05 PM by SWAT One »

The man recoiled at the sight of the woman, taking a defensive stance.  He relaxed, realizing the woman was no threat to him.  "Berries," he said.  He shuffled around uncomfortably and removed his new bag, the sand was rubbing against his skin, making it irritable.  He carried it to the water, about waist deep, to rinse as much sand as he could out.

The man recoiled at the sight of the woman, taking a defensive stance.  He relaxed, realizing the woman was no threat to him.  "Berries," he said.  He shuffled around uncomfortably and removed his new bag, the sand was rubbing against his skin, making it irritable.  He carried it to the water, about waist deep, to rinse as much sand as he could out.
She follows the man, though trying to keep her shoes dry, and speaks from the land, "Name's Aǹni.  I stowed what dry wood I could find onboard the ship in a dry place.  We would do well to find shelter.  Although the sprits of the recently deceased no doubt inhabit the ship, it may be our best cover from the elements."

Name:  Egor Aksakov
Apparent Ethnicity: Russian.
Mission: Moving to a different country
love: Male
Language: Russian (Or very poor English)

Personality: This man really, REALLY likes meat.
Appearance: Has a slightly torn coat, dark circles under eyes.

Skill Traits:
Combat:  3/5
Crafting:  1/5  
Naturalism:  2/5
HP Boost:  2/10  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:51:02 PM by Potatoh »

Name:  Egor Aksakov

Appearance: Has a slightly torn trench coat, dark circles under eyes.
Language: Russian (Or very poor English)
Accepted under the condition that the area in yellow is modified.  This is the Iron Age, so manufactured textiles are not around.  From apparent ethnicity origin and love of meat, I think a fur coat would probably be a fair suggestion.  Additionally, the area in red is by default consonant to your landing party, but can be different if you so choose.  Just for clarification, fictional languages are in use, so clarifying a real-world language has no bearing.

Either way, I'll be adding you to the Character Roster now as there are no major problems with your application.  If no one else posts an application within three hours of your application post time, we will land you.  Additionally, if two other people apply, you will be landed after that third application with that party.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:19:54 PM by SWAT One »

"Yes, yes... dry shelter and fresh water," Volgya shouted over the lapping of the waves.  He turned back around, having rinsed the loose sand from his makeshift bag.  "I am called Volgya," he said, extending a hand.

"Yes, yes... dry shelter and fresh water," Volgya shouted over the lapping of the waves.  He turned back around, having rinsed the loose sand from his makeshift bag.  "I am called Volgya," he said, extending a hand.
Aǹni moves her staff to her left hand and extends her right to Volgya, "Pleased to meet ye."

"Shall we collect the collect the shaman on board and head out on a venture?" Aǹni asks, passing the staff back and motioning to the wreckage.  "Looks like the rain's recedin' and the sun is lowin'.  If now's a time to move, it's now."

"Yes... yes.  Do that now.  I will wait at the tree-line," he said, as he set off.

"Aye, I'll be on me way."

Aǹni returns to the boat here she climbs aboard to retrieve the wood stockpile, piling it in a wooden box, and also takes the supplies from the Shipwreck, save for the hardtack crate. in the crate and lowers the supplies to the beach.

She then takes two light beams, lines them parallel to each other, and lays four more boards perpendicular on the top of the ground beams, then gathers what rope she can from the ship to fasten the beams together best she can, and also tying the box to the makeshift sled.

"Shaman, we're seeking refuge and provision on the island.  Come if ye will!"

After about 18 minutes, she drags the sled up to the treeline.

As Baumsen finishes performing rites on the last of the corpses he can find, he hears Aǹni's call.

"Yes, yes. I'm coming."

Seeing his new companions not far behind, Volgya began making his way through the wooded area.

Aǹni smiles to herself, feeling relieved that the holyman is among the party.

Aǹni arrives near at the edge of the forest, where she sees the berries that Volgya found earlier and begins to inspect them, feeling their surface and mashes the berry in her fingers.  She then lets it sit on her fingers for a while, finding that it does not seem to aggravate her skin.  Seeing that this is okay, she smells the mashed berry, finds no aggravation, and inserts the mashed berry into her mouth and tastes it, not swallowing it.  Seeing that it is okay, she swallows and considers that she should wait before seeing if more would produce any bad effects.

Volgya begins to tread through the forest and finds a variety of bushes, many of which seeming to offer no particular advantage at this point, but also finds a few Uguam Trees, and a number of Kokera Trees.  Additionally, on his adventure, Volgya also hear some squawking up in the trees around him and sees a number of blue parrot-like birds with red crests atop their heads eyeing him curiously.

Volgya has discovered the Uguam Fruit.
Volgya has discovered the Kokera Nut.
Volgya has discovered the Anchinki.

"Shaman, these berries are good to eat", Aǹni says, placing a small handful of aphassus berries, each around the size of a grape in the holyman's hands.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:54:44 PM by SWAT One »