Author Topic: Server hosting no longer working  (Read 2339 times)

Whats the difference between the talk and echo functions?
one prints to console while ones prints a message to clients on the server

-snip-

Shows the port as 28000.
So far everything has shown port 28000 and my IPv4 address has not changed.
This is what I have for my port forwarding, I don't remember what I did last time but this might be whats causing it now.
I do remember that the "host device" used to be some numbers, and last time this happened I switched it to my desktop, so would finding that number and changing it to that fix it??

By the lack of a response I feel like there is nothing that can be done

Chill it has only been 2 days

Also I cannot see any images you posted

Chill it has only been 2 days

Also I cannot see any images you posted
Interesting.
Can you see them now?

Yep. Where's the IP part?

Ops wrong image used, let me get that

These are what I ment to post.

Could you elaborate on what exactly doesn't work? Like are you unable to connect to the server? Any ping?

Try porting a different port and make sure your router is constantly port forwarding for you

Could you elaborate on what exactly doesn't work? Like are you unable to connect to the server? Any ping?

Try porting a different port and make sure your router is constantly port forwarding for you
or are you trying to join your dedicated server when local to it?
normally hosts join their servers on the same network through LAN

you could try using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to check if a specific port is open
and have you checked if your ports are open from the outside?
pretty sure a program needs to be listening on the port for it to be detected (ie the server needs to be running to check)

I don't host dedicated. I host from my PC, so I guess it's called client hosting.
The problem is that no one can connect because there is no ping, ---.
Until my internet crashed the other day this wasn't an issue, anyone could connect. (Though ping may not always be great).

I tried that website to, it couldn't find it.
I have noticed a few errors in the console, when I get home ill get a screenshot and upload it here.
I actually tried a new configuration for my port forwarding which I'll also show.

Well, I fixed it.
Stupid Telstra thing.