Author Topic: Sell Blockland to a bigger developer? (or someone else)  (Read 4405 times)

Hello Everyone,

This is not meant to be taken as an insult (and I might be wrong) but why doesn't Badspot just sell the game rights to a bigger developer (or someone else). It has been awhile since I've been on the forums, but does he really care about the game anymore? If he doesn't, he should just give the game rights to someone else who could grow the game immensely, and update it constantly (I can think of a few individuals who would LOVE to do that).

Thanks,

Bot24
(Keyboard)

BLID 34730

Sell it to Disney.

I don't think the theme of Blockland matches the theme of Disney lol

this is the day Lego's been waiting for

(I can think of a few individuals who would LOVE to do that).
Who? Do you really think they would love to invest in a "dying game" (coming from you) so they can add more content, when there is already a huge community of people doing that? I doubt any developer would buy the rights to this game unless it was chump change, but there is no point of making it that cheap if there's still a bit of money coming in from sales.
The game is ten years old, the best I could see happening is somebody making updates to the engine, but let's be real here, who would be willing to spend their time constantly updating it, for basically nothing. At that point you may as well build another game and sell it rather than trying to get sales from small content updates, from a game you didn't even create in the first place. They'd get sick of the game way faster than badspot has.

i still fail to see how the game isn't finished

Many games continue to develop after being finished. Even if nothing else were to be added there still exist many problems within game itself.

Don't want to see Blockland given to some large company, and I doubt it would, but there's absolutely no reason for Badspot not to give someone from community developmental rights, while still watching over their work, deciding what gets in, and still making money off it.

Don't want to see Blockland given to some large company, and I doubt it would, but there's absolutely no reason for Badspot not to give someone from community developmental rights, while still watching over their work, deciding what gets in, and still making money off it.

There's also no reason for someone else to work on the game if the money goes to badspot.

Don't doubt there are people who are able to, and would like to develop the game just for fun of it. If not there could be a split in revenue, royalties for Badspot, whatever. But to leave game as is when other options are available doesn't really make sense.

i still fail to see how the game isn't finished

'Tis or is, but people want more.

But to leave game as is when other options are available doesn't really make sense.

It actually makes a lot of sense for him - still generates some money for doing basically nothing (except some forum moderating and keeping the server running)

Vs. it still generating money (possibly more if people like new developer and additions) just by giving them OK to develop and keep them in place?