Colorset critCIAm

Author Topic: Colorset critCIAm  (Read 2962 times)

Hey guys me and Brickitect have made this new colorset and we would like to know if you guys like it or not.

If you like it please leave a comment saying that you like it and what you like exactly.

If you do not like it please tell us why and how we could improve it.

Once the colorset has been finished and gone through this testing stage I will release it.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:37:24 PM by FlavouredGames »

uh
well we can only critique it if we can see what the colors are so

Unless it has glaring problems, which this doesn't seem to, it's hard to judge without just building with the colorset.

First update done - Greyscales compacted to one column

Unless it has glaring problems, which this doesn't seem to, it's hard to judge without just building with the colorset.
I am hosting my housebuild with it.

Im not sure you'll get much use from the first green in the green column.
Unless you're making an in-game green screen it may be too vibrant and bright.

Seeing it in-game was slightly jarring.

the first 2 browns are almost the same color. Needs a bright red, so replace one of the redundant dull reds with that. You probably only need 1 semi clear, 1 foggy clear, and one invs so that will free up more room if you take the rest of the non-colored clears out. Dont see any reason to have 3 pinks and 3 purples those colors almost never get used anyway. The first and second brownish grays are pretty much the same too.

He really wanted the pinks and purples in cause he wanted to make "pixel art"
Also I needed the almost invisible transparent for glass windows.

would definitely prefer all the columns to be the same height as the fx column

He really wanted the pinks and purples in cause he wanted to make "pixel art"
Also I needed the almost invisible transparent for glass windows.
If you're trying to make a versatile colorset pixel art definitely should not be a priority

If you're trying to make a versatile colorset pixel art definitely should not be a priority

It wasn't so much for pixel art it was just so that there are more colors for everyone to use.

All those pinks are extremely unnecessary for a builder such as Brickitect and yourself as they really limit the colorset to more useful, designated colors. Trust me, you will never need to use all those pinks, atleast in this specific colorset.
You only really need a cherry blossom-like pink, and a soft red for a second pastel pink color along with a deep purple and you should be set. Though this statement is purely based off my own building needs. If it's a colorset for your personal use, go for it.

I'd also recommend a nice dark or navy blue somewhere up in there. Greens need a lot more attention and variety as well. The more the greens, the better. Shoot for around 6-9 green colors if you can. No neon or overly vibrant colors.

The browns and greys are very nicely set up so nothing really to add there. also a good selection of tinted greys for stone masonry.

REMOVE THE COLORED GLASS. Frees up a ton of space for more useful colors. Again if you use them, then go ahead and keep them but personally I never find those useful.

Though if you like pixel art i would recommend making a specific colorset for pixel art because architectural/realistic colors and pixel art colors are not to be mixed up into one single colorset.

I'd link my colorsets if you would like a valid example but you and brick have used mine for a while now so I'm sure y'all already know them well enough lol

All those pinks are extremely unnecessary for a builder such as Brickitect and yourself as they really limit the colorset to more useful, designated colors. Trust me, you will never need to use all those pinks, atleast in this specific colorset.
You only really need a cherry blossom-like pink, and a soft red for a second pastel pink color along with a deep purple and you should be set. Though this statement is purely based off my own building needs. If it's a colorset for your personal use, go for it.

I'd also recommend a nice dark or navy blue somewhere up in there. Greens need a lot more attention and variety as well. The more the greens, the better. Shoot for around 6-9 green colors if you can. No neon or overly vibrant colors.

The browns and greys are very nicely set up so nothing really to add there. also a good selection of tinted greys for stone masonry.

REMOVE THE COLORED GLASS. Frees up a ton of space for more useful colors. Again if you use them, then go ahead and keep them but personally I never find those useful.

Though if you like pixel art i would recommend making a specific colorset for pixel art because architectural/realistic colors and pixel art colors are not to be mixed up into one single colorset.

I'd link my colorsets if you would like a valid example but you and brick have used mine for a while now so I'm sure y'all already know them well enough lol
Games REALLY wanted the colored glass for stained glass uses, which I personally hardly ever did.

Games REALLY wanted the colored glass for stained glass uses, which I personally hardly ever did.

They can be removed.