Why can't white people have dreadlocks?

Author Topic: Why can't white people have dreadlocks?  (Read 6108 times)

Historically, Germanic, Gallic, and Celtic tribesmen occasionally wore their hair in dreadlocks.

But clearly pointing that out to people means you're disrespecting African identity and are tribal/s
there are only a select few out of the millions of black people in this country who will think this way. as for the rest, we just think it looks ugly on white people.

Its a free country, you do you. If you want dreads, go for it.

Historically, Germanic, Gallic, and Celtic tribesmen occasionally wore their hair in dreadlocks.

But clearly pointing that out to people means you're disrespecting African identity and are tribal/s

I bet most african americans don't even know what african tribes use dreadlocks.

Also, white people generally dont have the correct hair volume/consistency for traditional locks. Straight hair makes very ugly, mop-looking locks. If you're white and you got very curly hair, you can make it work, otherwise dont try

I bet most african americans don't even know what african tribes use dreadlocks.
dreadlocks were invented in greece, interestingly.

The ancient minoan people weren't white though, they were closer to middle eastern races and aryans
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 06:04:10 PM by PhantOS »

there are only a select few out of the millions of black people in this country who will think this way. as for the rest, we just think it looks ugly on white people.

Its a free country, you do you. If you want dreads, go for it.

The problem isn't that there are many people that will be upset, but rather that they are very vocal despite being a small minority of the black community.

A white dude that looks good with dreads is rarer than a black person with straight hair

The problem isn't that there are many people that will be upset, but rather that they are very vocal despite being a small minority of the black community.
but what's the point of getting hung up over one or two people? Can't you just like, ignore it and move on?

but what's the point of getting hung up over one or two people? Can't you just like, ignore it and move on?
Most people don't agree with the behavior of Black Lives Matter and they certainly aren't large in terms of membership but look at the destruction they cause. Though they are a small minority of the community, they cause mayhem and destruction that can't be ignored. Just look at Ferguson or Baltimore.

I've seen people get death threats for wearing dreads while white at my college for forgets sake

The ancient minoan people weren't white though, they were closer to middle eastern races and aryans

Do you believe that the ancient egyptians were black?

dreadlocks were invented in greece, interestingly.

One more reason why Greece sucks

Do you believe that the ancient egyptians were black?
no? Why would they be?

IMO it makes your hair look like thick turds.

absolutely no one in this thread is advocating for the 'cultural appropriation' argument, yet we're still arguing over it.

you guys are literally making up controversy at this point