What can I do to boost my FPS on Blockland?

Author Topic: What can I do to boost my FPS on Blockland?  (Read 4459 times)

My current computer (+ specs)

For some reason I am getting really bad FPS on Blockland, especially on my own server. If I look at my large build (80k+ bricks), I get really bad FPS (around 15-20).
What could I do to improve this?

THINGS I HAVE DONE, READ BEFORE POSTING:
  • Going in my NVidia control panel and setting Blockland to use my GTX 960m graphics driver
  • Set my computer to High performance; make sure I am running Blockland with my charger plugged in

Here's how I have my Blockland settings set:
  • Max draw distance
  • Brick physics off
  • VBO bulk mode off
  • Vsync off
  • Shaders on Minimum

I am not changing my shader or draw distance settings, because I want to play with those on. Is there any way besides changing those to increase FPS? Is there something that I am not doing correctly with my computer's performance settings?

Change application settings in the NVidia graphics panel and see if FPS changes at all

What settings should i change? I've already set Blockland to use my 960m.

A better cpu or processer

Bricks are EXTREMELY cpu dependant

VBOs must be enabled for modern graphics cards. Make sure the setting "disable VBOs" is unchecked

VBOs must be enabled for modern graphics cards. Make sure the setting "disable VBOs" is unchecked
Whenever I use VBO though, it absolutely rapes my FPS

oops i misujnderstood what you meant. Yes, I have VBOs enabled. I was thinking of the Reduce Render Latency settings

what res do you play bl ok? i used to play on my laptop with integrated graphics and was able to play on 250k builds on minimum with about the same performance you are getting

what res do you play bl ok? i used to play on my laptop with integrated graphics and was able to play on 250k builds on minimum with about the same performance you are getting
like 1600x980 or so

What's the GPU usage like when looking at the build? Is it really low?

What's the GPU usage like when looking at the build? Is it really low?
I can't find my GPU in the resource monitor. Where do I go to monitor GPU usage?

You can use something like msi afterburner to measure gpu usage

Some things I can think of that would cause low fps with low gpu usage, if you have too many of them:
- bricks with fx
- particle effects
- items
- bots

You can use something like msi afterburner to measure gpu usage

Some things I can think of that would cause low fps with low gpu usage, if you have too many of them:
- bricks with fx
- particle effects
- items
- bots
I have an NVidia card. Is there an equivalent to afterburner made by nVidia? I'm not sure if it's compatible with my GPU or not.

I installed it all and I am running it, but it only seems to be monitoring temperature. Where can I measure percentage of GPU being used?