Project Sonic 2017 name and gameplay revealed:Sonic Forces

Author Topic: Project Sonic 2017 name and gameplay revealed:Sonic Forces  (Read 3342 times)

Don't forget, Sonic Mania is coming soon anyway.
Sonic Mania got delayed until summer

I thought they said they were going back to their roots because they know these 3D games don't loving work.

It's just walking straight for like 5 minutes.

The enemies don't even do anything, they were literally just standing there idly by.

The classic sonics you can go up, down, left and right and enemies actually proved to be a challenge.

I thought they said they were going back to their roots because they know these 3D games don't loving work.

It's just walking straight for like 5 minutes.

The enemies don't even do anything, they were literally just standing there idly by.

The classic sonics you can go up, down, left and right and enemies actually proved to be a challenge.

Sonic in 3d was never done right. Only Sonic Utopia was able to make 3d sonic control decently while giving you freedom

Not a sonic fan here, but for the people saying that the gameplay is the same as the past few games, just think about it.
Why would sonic be suddenly given new powers that have to be used at certain points. I mean at 15+ games sonic has been in, there's nothing you can really give to a hedgehog who goes fast.

That being said, might not play it, but good to know that sega is looking towards consoles again.

Not a sonic fan here, but for the people saying that the gameplay is the same as the past few games, just think about it.
Why would sonic be suddenly given new powers that have to be used at certain points. I mean at 15+ games sonic has been in, there's nothing you can really give to a hedgehog who goes fast.

That being said, might not play it, but good to know that sega is looking towards consoles again.

The problem is Sonic isn't Mario, he never had a decent transition to 3d so all 3d sonic games either have terrible controls or you can beat them by tapping 1 button over and over until you get to the end of the course.

3D Sonic has always felt like a semi-automatic tech demo.

First thoughts that came to mind is that this looks ultra linear and on rails even for 3D Sonic standards. Even the modern Sonic stages in Generations had multiple paths integrated into them and in general had more going for them than was shown here.

I wasn't looking forward to Project 2017 in the first place so no biggie for me if it ends up being not so good. Sonic Mania on the other hand looks super neat.

i never understood why people praise the modern sonic gameplay in sonic generations, everything's way too fast and as a result, it's almost completely automated and piss easy. sure it looks neat, but i'd much rather be playing the game myself

how is it that in almost 20 years, sonic team still doesn't know how to make a good 3D platformer? the closest they came is the sonic adventure series but those games suck too tbh

but hey maybe it's too early to judge this game so i'll wait for more gameplay footage and maybe an official trailer or something. either way sonic mania's gonna be better, they got flying battery zone :iceCream:

i honestly thought the sonic adventure style of gameplay was pretty good, but the most recent game they decided to use that in was sonic 06
so i understand if they dont want to give that another go

If they wanted another linear Sonic they should have just made an amusement ride on rails because it would accomplish the same thing but would be more interesting.

They said there will be 3 different types of gameplay, we'll see.

i honestly thought the sonic adventure style of gameplay was pretty good, but the most recent game they decided to use that in was sonic 06
so i understand if they dont want to give that another go

sonic adventure style gameplay was good but also extremely buggy with a faulty camera

They said there will be 3 different types of gameplay, we'll see.
Werehog 2.0 confirmed

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles is still the best, with Shadow the Hedgehog at a close second.