Yooka-Laylee

Author Topic: Yooka-Laylee  (Read 15992 times)

is this seriously what people were bitching about
Its not the voice itself but rather the reasoning behind it. And especially the way Playtonic treated Jontron.

Steam reviews looking pretty good now, 85% positive.

Meh, id rather get minecraft for the switch in comparison.
At least the camera will control better.

Steam reviews tell you as much about a game as Risk instructions tell you about Monopoly

Steam reviews tell you as much about a game as Risk instructions tell you about Monopoly
How so? Do you mean that there's only a thumbs up and thumbs down which isn't accurate enough?

Does anyone have a key for the steam version?

How so? Do you mean that there's only a thumbs up and thumbs down which isn't accurate enough?
Remember, this is the same community that caused greenlight to be replaced

i leave steam reviews and have never even been on the greenlight page before

Steam reviews are the same thing that said Firewatch was worth $20 for something that is nearly a point and click adventure without the action.

Steam reviews are the same thing that said Firewatch was worth $20 for something that is nearly a point and click adventure without the action.
That's because Firewatch was just an artsy story driven game, and the people who say it's worth the money are those who enjoyed the story and/or the art style

percentage review scores are just generally unhelpful. it's a good way to judge the enthusiasm surrounding a game, but you have to go and read individual reviews to understand whether or not the game its right for you. i would never buy firewatch because 20 bucks is a lot of money for a 4 hours game im gonna play once. i know that because i read the reviews of the game. i wouldn't have known that if i took a very positive review percentage as a review.

That's because Firewatch was just an artsy story driven game, and the people who say it's worth the money are those who enjoyed the story and/or the art style
Doesn't mean it was worth $20, especially when its a 2-3 hour game. Id rather a game not cost more than I make an hour. Don't even get me started on the fact that it gives the illusion of choice, which is so stupid for a game that has a stuff ton of dialog choices. No matter what you do you get the same ending and the same events happen with only a change in dialog.
What Im getting at is that the people who review games on steam overlook all these problems just because "omgsopretty" and "omgthedialoissorealistic".

Greenlight was filled with stuffty entry level indie games for the most part.

You like backtracking?
Yes?

Anyways,  it's more about the 2D platform collector part.