Author Topic: More balls, items and bricks for v21's Ball default addons  (Read 1304 times)

A basketball basket that is not almost impossible to land like the one in ACM City school?
A football goal that doesn't look hideous?
A rugby giant 2-pronged tuning fork thingie to throw handeggs through?
A hockey stick item, "Ball" Hockey Puck (nope, not scrolling down a sea of guns again) and a shorter football goal (corner and regular versions) to slide pucks in?
And those cinder block things baseball dudes stand on and run to, along with a baseball bat that acts like the ping pong paddle/tennis rackets, and a baseball glove you can actually catch and throw baseballs with?
A Ball Volleyball you can catch and serve?
A Ball Bowling ball that can be used with those bowling pins and onBallhit>fakeKill?
A Ball Golf ball and Golf club to hit it with? (Walkig up to ball with club opens gui with a red-orange-yellow-green bar and a picker that goes up and down and you have to click in green?
A net for tennis and volleyball?
A table for ping pong?

(yes, Ball Hockey Puck, Ball volleyball, Ball Golf ball and Ball Bowling Ball all have Ball at the beginning of their name like the default v21 balls)

Basically, everything the default v21 Balls and the Ball Dodgeball and (Rugby) Ball Football are useless without.

Why do i want all of this? I'm making a sports server. All of the sports mentioned here are gonna be there, embrace yourselves!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:37:32 AM by maxymax13 »

-reseved

Also, what i mean with "acts like the tennis racket/ping pong paddle is that it serves the first time you click on every time you equip it, and ever other click swings the bat and knocks back the flying ball (not for the sport of baseball, but to mess around.)
The serving part also goes with the glove and volleyball.

bump II

also it's 1:37 PM

13:37 XDDD

-nvm i saw the last post-

Problem with the bowling ball is that the pins that get knocked over wont knock over more pins.
The only way I could see bowling working is if you used players for pins, and tumble them if they get hit by either a ball, or a tumbled pin. This could end up being pretty laggy though. And some of you know what might end up happening.

Problem with the bowling ball is that the pins that get knocked over wont knock over more pins.
The only way I could see bowling working is if you used players for pins, and tumble them if they get hit by either a ball, or a tumbled pin. This could end up being pretty laggy though. And some of you know what might end up happening.
Actually you could do items and do a constant collision loop once they were knocked over, maybe even a raycast that matches given velocity for maximum precision.
Worth trying imo

(untested) example:
Code: [Select]
function HeadGib::onAdd(%this, %obj)
{
    %obj.monitorGibVelocity();
}

function Item::monitorGibVelocity(%this, %before)
{
    cancel(%this.monitorGibVelocity);

%now = vectorLen(%this.getVelocity());
    %delta = %before - %now;

if(%now <= 0.2)
    {
        %this.stopThread(0);
        %this.rolling = false;
    }
    else
    {
        if (!%this.rolling)
        {
            %this.playThread(0, "roll");
            %this.rolling = true;
        }

%a = %this.getPosition();
        %decal = spawnDecalFromRayCast(NewBloodDecal, containerRayCast(%a, VectorScale(VectorNormalize(%this.getVelocity()), 1.25), $TypeMasks::FxBrickObjectType))
        if(%decal) %decal.unHideNode(blood @ getRandom(1, 2));

if(getRandom() < 0.7)
        {
            %decal = spawnDecalFromRayCast(NewBloodDecal, containerRayCast(%a, VectorSub(%a, "0 0 1"), $TypeMasks::FxBrickObjectType))
            if(%decal) %decal.unHideNode(blood @ getRandom(1, 2));
        }
    }

%this.monitorGibVelocity = %this.schedule(50, monitorGibVelocity, %now);
}
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:22:15 PM by Crystalwarrior »

Something like that could also work. Guess I wasn't thinking creatively enough.