Author Topic: brick floats and playertouch events only works on specific part.  (Read 2927 times)

like the title the brick floats and the onplayertouch event only works on the bottom part and not the spike.
by the way i'm using blender.

probably need to shift the model down either in blender or in blockland
and what's the collision box on it? the events might only be triggering on whatever the brick is defined as (a plate?)

The bottom of the BOUNDS box must be touching the bottom of the spike model.

The bottom of the BOUNDS box must be touching the bottom of the spike model.
it is the floating is fixed now.
I just need to cone to work with event s

and what's the collision box on it? the events might only be triggering on whatever the brick is defined as (a plate?)

the reason i didn't answer that is because i don't know what you mean by collision box.
technically i don't use a box since i use a .dts file that is pretty much the mesh.

You are probably exporting a concave shape.  Blockland treats the contents of a LOD layer as 1 object, so even if you're exporting two meshes, BL treats it as one.
If you can't connect all of the points in an object to each other without leaving the confines of the object, then that object is concave.
So in the case of your object, you can't connect the top of the cone with the top corners of the rectangle base without leaving the confines of the shape.  It's a toss up as to which points will stop working.  But in this case it seems to be the point on the top of the cone which stopped working.

You are probably exporting a concave shape.  Blockland treats the contents of a LOD layer as 1 object, so even if you're exporting two meshes, BL treats it as one.
If you can't connect all of the points in an object to each other without leaving the confines of the object, then that object is concave.
So in the case of your object, you can't connect the top of the cone with the top corners of the rectangle base without leaving the confines of the shape.  It's a toss up as to which points will stop working.  But in this case it seems to be the point on the top of the cone which stopped working.
i don't understand

i don't understand
you need to separate the DTS into two objects, the top cone part, and the bottom cube part.

you need to separate the DTS into two objects, the top cone part, and the bottom cube part.
wait do you mean like two dts files? or the objects seperated in blender which it is.

wait do you mean like two dts files? or the objects seperated in blender which it is.
post your blend file

post your blend file
i didn't save the blend file for it meaning i'm gonna have to import the dts.

that works fine for me...
so on player touch events work on the cone?