Please sign this petition for a better world!

Author Topic: Please sign this petition for a better world!  (Read 3817 times)

I actually support this idea. Another idea though would be, not forcing him, but in a sense, making him give DEV to someone else/or multiple people who would actually work in the game. That I think, would be awesome!

Yeah, not a bad idea.

isnt change.org used for serious things
doesnt this also belong in offtopic
so many questions i have to ask

Terrible idea in the long run. If you were to create a new different client with its own master server, Then all you'd be doing is splitting the community into 2. Take the amount of people online and hosting servers and cut that in half. That's what you would end up with.

we can already do this though

https://youtu.be/nTWSXhMKX4I?t=39s
This, chasing a fantasy to make it reality is pointless.
If what you imagine becomes what you see, then what you will see isn't what you imagined.

Terrible idea in the long run. If you were to create a new different client with its own master server, Then all you'd be doing is splitting the community into 2. Take the amount of people online and hosting servers and cut that in half. That's what you would end up with.
qft. everyone kept suggesting this when it was mentioned the shader update would remove maps. but this is the result, and it would kill the game immediately.

games like runescape can do it because their player base is large enough and a large portion of their community wanted to see old runescape again. here is a good blog post by a game dev on this idea of official revisions/reintroduction of old versions of a game. it talks about the cost/benefit situation and although is focused on big game devs and actual money cost, if you just think about cost in terms of playerbase and badspot's dev time, you can see the similarities.

The player base made this game fun, the player base was removed, the game is no longer fun. Bringing back old blockland will not bring back the old servers.

The player base made this game fun, the player base was removed, the game is no longer fun. Bringing back old blockland will not bring back the old servers.

It will not bring new players either...

i agree

Rule #1, and...
Blockland should have two clients, one for the people who play version 21, the other one for people who want to play version 16 (the last great version without graphical bugs). Each client with it's own Master Server to avoid conflicts with different client versions. Support NOW, do the right thing!

Absolutely not. Let's not kill the remaining population so quickly.

we can already do this though
Yeah.
The update preventer, the old installers, and the alternative master server mod are all still available.

I just don't know many people who are interested in playing on an old version of Blockland consistently.
Maybe someone should make a clan, host a server every Friday.  ...  I would join it.