The end of a gaming era: DSi shop closing down.

Author Topic: The end of a gaming era: DSi shop closing down.  (Read 1799 times)

A lot of you probably never cared much about this kind of stuff, but the nintendo dsi shop is closing down after 8 years of its service...

man... I must say I'm having nostalgia sadness going on right now.. The official date is supposed to be march 31st, but I'm unable to reach the service already, so it's probably dead now.

http://nintendoeverything.com/last-chance-to-purchase-games-on-the-dsi-shop/

Was the DSi kind of like a DS+ or was it it's own system like the 3ds?

It's own system. It had a camera built in, with an SD card reader, and it was sweet for the time.

It's own system. It had a camera built in, with an SD card reader, and it was sweet for the time.

Yeah but were there games exclusive for the DSI?

4 games no one cared about

The DSi didn't have many retail games, all of its games were in it's exclusive shop.

damn i remember that the dsi was where i discovered cave story

It never was it own system gen like the 3DS if that's what you were asking. Just a minor upgrade to the original DS line, think of how the PSP Go was to the PSP.
There were 5 retail games nobody cared that only existed to take advantage of the DSi's stuffty camera.
Otherwise the DSi Shop housed a handful of solid downloadable games in a humongous sea of shovelware.

who the hell was even using it still pass 2013 because didn't they shutdown the wii and ds wiifi service
back in 2013
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:14:05 PM by cooolguy32 »

who the hell was even using it still pass 2013 because didn't they shutdown the wii and ds wiifi service
back in 2013
Only playing online games on the Wii and DS was shutdown and was due to the closing of GameSpy which was the basis for the server of most games. Some Wii games didn't use GameSpy and used their own servers still work to this day (ex. GoldenEye, COD games excluding WaW, etc.)

The Wii shop channel still works perfectly fine, but the DSi shop has been set to shut down since last year. Also worth mentioning that there are 10 DSiware games that aren't on the eShop, but are only on the DSi shop for whatever reason.

man that little bit of nostalgia hurts

Speaking of which what are the best DS games?

wario ware diy
cave story

I have bought both the DS lite and 3DS specifically to keep up with Pokemon, Animal Crossing, and Mariokart. Those games are always pretty goddamn fun.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:58:15 PM by cooolguy32 »