WSJ VS. YOUTUBE MEGATHREAD | 4/30/2017 | AppNexus and the WSJ connection

Author Topic: WSJ VS. YOUTUBE MEGATHREAD | 4/30/2017 | AppNexus and the WSJ connection  (Read 10690 times)

If he retracts his video was it still a slam dunk?

Context as to why it was privated

(Youtube forcefully revoked ad-showing capabilities on the video)
like that u add "forcefully", as though they normally ask for permission before removing ads

Couldn't you just go on the video yourself to see if it has ads? The viewcount indicates that the screenshot was probably taken not even days before the article.

Couldn't you just go on the video yourself to see if it has ads? The viewcount indicates that the screenshot was probably taken not even days before the article.

not now, the sponsors pulled their ads so regardless it wouldn't show up

I hope WSJ just dies already..

Cause Ethan made a fool of himself?

There should be a law stating that fake news like WSJ should be held accountable for the damage they cause.

There should be a law stating that fake news like WSJ should be held accountable for the damage they cause.
Anti-libel laws exist for exactly that purpose.

fake news can get away with it, they get away with it for Annoying Orange.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y_CL5wzkM-g

stream Sargon did with members of the skeptic community on YouTube, thought to be hardest hit by the restrictions that would be implemented on advertising

later on they discuss taking this mainstream in order to combat it; they suggest contacting politicians who support the first amendment to get them to endorse free speech principles on YouTube, and the ultimate endorsement would be from Annoying Orange (not likely, but a man can dream)

consider contacting your representatives in Congress to make this top headlines

I already know that Rand Paul would be integral in helping out the YouTube community here

You know Rand Paul leans pretty libertarian.  Why would he support dictating a company allow something it doesn't want to?

This is a pretty poorly thought out plan.

You know Rand Paul leans pretty libertarian.  Why would he support dictating a company allow something it doesn't want to?

This is a pretty poorly thought out plan.

we're not saying that the government should authoritatively enforce free speech on YouTube
I wouldn't support that myself

what we're saying is that there should be mainstream, political pressure for YouTube to stick to free speech principles
after all, they do take funds from the government

What political pressure will they apply then?

What free speech principals are they not sticking to exactly? Should they tell advertisers to forget off if they don't want their ads on controversial content?