Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!

Author Topic: Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!  (Read 38357 times)

Hmm.

"BlocklandLoader found no DLLs in the 'modules' directory"

I've got ./modules/SelectiveGhosting.dll ... it's unzipped. What's going awry?

Yeah, Im having the same issue. I already have a modules folder in my Blockland folder for the Cinema Mod, so the SelectiveGhosting.dll is in the same folder as AwsHook.dll.
When I load my server I get an error saying it cant find the SelectiveGhosting.dll

The mod is acknowledging that I do have something in my modules folder, but cant find SelectiveGhosting.dll, so it's not the path's fault.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:55:22 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Also am getting issue with selectiveghosting.dll saying it's not enabled upon server start.
Video tutorial possibly?

Puttin' the hype on hold and returning to universal-environment plans until someone shows me this works.

Ive got it working by manually loading the .dll by putting
Code: [Select]
attachmodule("SelectiveGhosting.dll"); into my console. From there I had to reload my server where the mod functions as advertised.

There's a fair amount of lag between zone transitions

Note: You can attach the SelectiveGhosting.dll from the main menu to avoid a server restart, but the mod wont work until you launch a server with it attached.
I'm going to continue to play around with it some more.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:27:23 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Can you add something like

/HideEnvZone {Name}

Hides zones you have made
/EnvZoneList

Lists all the env zones you have made
/EnvZoneTrust {Name}

Allows players to modify your env zone

/EnvZoneUnTrust {Name}

Removes the players trust to your zones if you have trusted them

/EnvZoneTrustList

Shows all the players you have trusted with /EnvZoneTrust
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:29:00 PM by Potatoh »

Yeah, there's about a half a second of lag between zone transitions which is understandable. Unless you segment the zoned areas properly that lag is going to be quite jarring for players.

But hey! It functions.

wow that was fast

thank u based zeb tho i guess the dll already existed for a while now, and just needed to get written up in an accessible way

Yeah, there's about a half a second of lag between zone transitions which is understandable. Unless you segment the zoned areas properly that lag is going to be quite jarring for players.

But hey! It functions.
It depends which environment you put, sometimes the transition is seamless

that's likely a client computer problem of not being able to do env changes instantly (loading a new skybox for example), or lag

But hey! It functions.
Considering the scale of my build, I could put transitions inside tunnels or something, where they won't be moving back and forth a lot.

The ability to drive from a pristine beach to a dusty desert to a snowy forest while your pals are in other locations would be completely worth a moment of loading

I notice that warping/orbing from inside one zone to inside another zone leaves you with the global environment. It seems to apply the new environment for a split second before reverting to the global environment. Not a problem for most users, but I know I'll be warping a lot.

Oh wow, transitions are a lot smoother if you use something like the all-white sky. I think it's a matter of loading the textures.

it works with other players on my server. this is masterful
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:04:15 PM by Teneksi »

that's likely a client computer problem of not being able to do env changes instantly (loading a new skybox for example), or lag

I was only testing skybox changes, so I imagine that the amount of environment data between skyboxes must be a lot more taxing than say a simple lighting edit.
I didn't think about that.

I was only testing skybox changes, so I imagine that the amount of environment data between skyboxes must be a lot more taxing than say a simple lighting edit.
I didn't think about that.
yes this is definitely the case

its not a problem for people on high end computers which is probably why zeblote didnt notice it. either way lighting changes are basically instant since its regenerated every frame, as you have probably noticed any time you mess with advanced settings. switching skyboxes is the only really intensive thing as the skybox texture isnt small by any means.

So the enviornments are client based?

you're literally a god zeblote have my babies

So the enviornments are client based?
yeah man I got 3 peeps on my server, we went to different boxes and saw different environments at the same time

pitch-black dungeons

warm museums

sunny parks

rainy hills

AT THE SAME TIME.
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE slightly less limited than previously