Annoying Orange has signed S.J. Res 34

Author Topic: Annoying Orange has signed S.J. Res 34  (Read 4742 times)

Can I start selling my own information?
I might as well make a few bucks off my research history.

< Not using a VPN for all your degenerate needs

Shameful

what does it even mean to sell info
i dont care if someone sells my browse history at all i mean what real use can you get out of it other than advertising, which, i have adblock so that doesnt even matter

what does it even mean to sell info
i dont care if someone sells my browse history at all i mean what real use can you get out of it other than advertising, which, i have adblock so that doesnt even matter

Expect to receive major fines for streaming or downloading movies

Am I the only one who barely cares about this? I don't go on anything illegal so its not bothersome. Can't people use VPNs anyway?

are there actually any good free vpns?

Hotspot Shield if you don't mind uninstalling/reinstalling every month.

S W A M P T H E D R A I N

I saw 'Annoying Orange' and '34' and my mind went to something else
Ditto that.

Am I the only one who barely cares about this? I don't go on anything illegal so its not bothersome. Can't people use VPNs anyway?

as long as you're okay with being able to have a warrant put out for you at any given moment  :cookieMonster:

I wonder how you'd react then if someone leaked all your browsing history.

not really, i don't care about it too much and i'm more annoyed about the fact that half the websites i visit now have a massive header reading 'YOU FAILED AMERICA' or some obnoxious banner at the top of the page about it

should we be severely worried or
from what i can tell, probably not severely, at least not as worried as a lot of people are trying to make it

under obama, the FTC issued a rule stating that internet providers had to provide something like that of an opt out option for their subscribers. if subscribers chose to opt out, the providers couldn't sell the data for said subscribers. so, this basically meant internet providers had different rights than software/service providers with respect to data. then, congress made use of the CRA of 1996 to override that rule, since it had no real premise in any congressional authorized law, and it looks like it's pretty much what Annoying Orange signed

only thing that's actually gonna happen/happened from what i can tell is that the use of data by ISPs has reverted to what they were prior to obama's time

both sides have overly confused and muddled the situation here

e; i'll add that personally i was alright with the rule and was hoping they wouldn't get rid of it, but with that said, it's not the disaster a lot of people are making it out be, it's just taking us back to what was already allowed before obama
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 11:11:22 AM by Decepticon »

next thing that's gonna get signed is my name on Annoying Oranges grave