Author Topic: [NEWS] Murder-Self Delete at Cali. elementary school kills 3, wounds 1  (Read 9589 times)

a situation to this nearly happened to a fraternity house down the block from mine. Guys gun jammed. You absolutly should be able to protect yourself from lunatics.

If columbine had armed teachers that stuff wouldn't have happened.

By the time police came a stuffload of people already died.

every classroom can just have a gun safe. what you think they all need to have it on them at all times?
what delusional wild west kind of world do you imagine?
well you literally said:
if adults were all armed, stuff like this wouldnt happen.
which to me implies that all of the adults in a school should have their own guns to protect themselves, which i still think is completely unnecessary.

every classroom can just have a gun safe.
I don't think that every classroom should have a weapons safe. A central armory that is staffed during school hours should be sufficient to respond to any threats that do occur. If a classroom is very far from an armory due to the school's layout, it should have a safe then, however.

i love that logic.

"guns are bad"
*bad guy has guns anyway despite laws, cuz bad guy...*
"oh stuff we dieing, we need guns to save us!"
*stuff went down*
*police show up to ask questions*

100% of the time. because there is no possible way it can go in any other order lol

its a class of little children. you really don't need arm all adults in an elementary school because of extremely rare shooting incidents. what if the gun is accidentally discharged, or a little kid gets a hold of it? im 100% sure the latter would occur way more often than a shooting incident like this.
In almost all incidents where a child got ahold of and accidentally fired a loaded gun, it was because the gun owner/parent was not responsible with how they stored or kept the gun.

Case in point

its a class of little children. you really don't need arm all adults in an elementary school because of extremely rare shooting incidents. what if the gun is accidentally discharged, or a little kid gets a hold of it? im 100% sure the latter would occur way more often than a shooting incident like this.
Fires incidents in schools are rare, we should get rid of fire extinguishers in schools too.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:06:46 PM by Planr »

I once had an argument with this handicap that was anti gun.

He said we should ban all guns and increase laws to prevent people from owning them.

So I said "this is only going to take guns away from law abiding citizens, criminals can still illegally obtain guns and it's worse because they aren't on registered gun owner lists"

He said "well rape is illegal but people still do it, what's your point."

My point is now you have good people who aren't able to get guns to defend themselves from bad people who still can get guns.

In almost all incidents where a child got ahold of and accidentally fired a loaded gun, it was because the gun owner/parent was not responsible with how they stored or kept the gun.
Never underestimate the incompetence of schools

Fires incidents in schools are rare, we should get rid of fire extinguishers in schools too.
Not that I don't support responsible use of guns for security, but fire extinguishers are not comparable to guns. That's an apples to oranges comparison.

I once had an argument with this handicap that was anti gun.

He said we should ban all guns and increase laws to prevent people from owning them.

So I said "this is only going to take guns away from law abiding citizens, criminals can still illegally obtain guns and it's worse because they aren't on registered gun owner lists"

He said "well rape is illegal but people still do it, what's your point."

My point is now you have good people who aren't able to get guns to defend themselves from bad people who still can get guns.
Woah tony actually has a good point in this situation

Fires in an elementary school are a lot less rare than somebody shooting up the place. you tell me how many fires there compared to shootings in an elementary school.
Also fire extinguishers are a lot less harmful than guns. if a kid got a hold of one it could be taken off of him pretty easily, but a gun is a whole other story.

just saying im not anti gun, i just think its pretty unnecessary to supply all adults in an elementary school with loaded guns, concealed or not.

Woah tony actually has a good point in this situation

I don't know why you sound surprised. Many times you yourself said "I don't normally agree with tony but I do on this"

Also fire extinguishers are a lot less harmful than guns. if a kid got a hold of one it could be taken off of him pretty easily, but a gun is a whole other story.
Creating a central armory that is always staffed by at least one person like I suggested previously would help alleviate this issue as well. Non-faculty members attempting to get into the room would be at an obvious disadvantage.

Fires in an elementary school are a lot less rare than somebody shooting up the place. you tell me how many fires there compared to shootings in an elementary school.

just saying im not anti gun, i just think its pretty unnecessary to supply all adults in an elementary school with loaded guns, concealed or not.
Egg you know you're relying on the hypothetical that the kid knows how to load, rooster, take the saftey off, and fire a gun / the gun is already fully loaded, roostered, and saftey is off, and is blatantly laying on a desk in the open with no one looking

A school with its own armory sounds handicapped, this isn't a third world country or detroit.

Egg you know you're relying on the hypothetical that the kid knows how to load, rooster, take the saftey off, and fire a gun / the gun is already fully loaded, roostered, and saftey is off
can't really argue with that. good point